Thread: I'm new and I have a few questions:)

Default I'm new and I have a few questions:)

Hello everyone. I had a few questions. I have several Ultrasabers and they are compatible with TCSS MHS parts so I was going to go ahead and buy a few blade holders. However, I need to have the blade retention screw drilled for me and I don't know what size ultrasabers screws are. The wrench to remove them is 5/64 so I imagine that is the screw size. When I go to the drill hole service I don't see this size.
    Okay second question. Ultrasabers installed quick disconnect for me on one of my sabers today, if I order an LED from here will it be compatible with my saber?
    Thanks to anyone who can help!

The screw size should be a 4-40 thread... Thats what they used on my shock but then again, that was a year or so ago and could change. Try going to your local hardware store and hit up the section where they have the screws and try to "fit" one.

On the quick disconnect... Not sure as Ive never gotten one from them... TCSS has the JST connectors and the Tamiya ones.. So if its one of those you should be good to go.

Does your saber have a set screw, button head, or socket head screw? If it's a flush-fitting set screw, the correct one to go with a 5/64ths wrench is actually 8-32. without seeing what the connector is on your Ultrasabers, there's no way to know if the ones from here will work. And for the record, those Ultrasabers are compatible with the parts sold here, as the MHS parts were in existance before Ultrasabers was.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

2 pin connector on something.jpg
    I don't think its either of those but I could be wrong. Annoyingly mine has "HXT" written on it which is the name of a barrel style power connector for RC vehicle wiring

"We don't have to win. We only have to fight." - Mace Windu (Shatterpoint)

Quote Originally Posted by JediGuardian18 View Post
    Hello everyone. I had a few questions. I have several Ultrasabers and they are compatible with TCSS MHS parts so I was going to go ahead and buy a few blade holders. However, I need to have the blade retention screw drilled for me and I don't know what size ultrasabers screws are. The wrench to remove them is 5/64 so I imagine that is the screw size. When I go to the drill hole service I don't see this size.
    Okay second question. Ultrasabers installed quick disconnect for me on one of my sabers today, if I order an LED from here will it be compatible with my saber?
    Thanks to anyone who can help!

Hi JediGuardian. Which saber is it specifically? I ask because I have two US Catalysts, and the blade holders sold here do not fit, as the US chokes have too few threads to receive them. Not the fault of TCSS obviously, but you are looking to replace rather more than the emitter if you want full compatibility.

Take the set screw to a local big-box hardware store. In the hardware section (nuts, bolts, etc), they should have a couple of displays made for checking threads. Find the hole that your set screw fits in and note the size. This will be the option you need to select.

Also, as was mentioned, I believe 4-40 is standard. Might have to double-check that.

IIRC, it should be 8/32 as JGJ said.

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!