Thread: NB Chassis

Default NB Chassis

Hey folks,

I'm building a chassis for my current project. The main body is a ribbed section that opens into a 3 inch extension that houses a short AV switch and an accent LED. In order to make things fit, my NB is going to rest underneath the AV switch and my battery pack will rest in the ribbed extension.

The problem I have right now is making sure I can build a harness for NB that will fit underneath the AV switch. I think I could do it with regular PVC, but also have pretty brass rods and chassis disks to do something special with the battery housing.

One solution I've been playing with would be use nylon slip covers over a pair of nylon covered 4-40 rods and heat shrink the NB between the two of them.

I'm wondering how much open air the NB is going to need to stay cool. It's small, it has no internal resistor. Is it advisable to use heat shrink to hold it into place, or do I start slicing PVC? Or are their any other good ideas on how to hold a NB in place?

Thanks,

W

I have basically the same setup as you, only a four inch extension. What I did was heat shrink the 4-40 all thread, then epoxied a piece of styrene plastic to the rods, then double sided taped the NB to the styrene. Might not work exactly for you but should point you in the right direction.
    2012-10-20 15.24.47.jpg

Heatshrink on any Plecterlabs board = no bueno.
    One way is that you can use is a piece of velcro wrap to hold it to the chassis

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

From the looks of it he didn't shrink the board to the chassis, but the batteries and the rods themselves. That would be ok. You'll want air to get to the board because it will heat up.