Thread: CF V.6 or PC 2.0 that is the question.....

Default CF V.6 or PC 2.0 that is the question.....

New saber is coming together nicely 3D designing done, parts are being made and finished, switches are ordered, and getting ready to order new switches. Now i am trying to figure out what i need to succesfully power my saber. i will just give a list of the things i am putting in and Please shoot me your input i am by no means an experienced electrician so what i have read here is all I know, as informative as it is I am still relatively unexperienced at wiring and general electronic engineering. here goes the list,

1, 14500 7.4v bat pack
    2, 2 watt bass speaker
    3, recharge port
    4, mom switch X2
    5, accent LED X2
    6, LED engin LZ4 10W RGBA, ( I want a custom amber color blade no idea how custom LOL I have to do a lot of trials)
    7, FOC extender
    8, Very Small rumble motor just big enough to wear you can feel a slight vibration with the hum, if anybody knows which to use i would be very happy

not sure if i need rice port? would it help or is it just as easy to pop out the small sd card? is it as easy to program it one way as it is the other?
    that i do believe is everything. any help would be great guys, i the biggest issue is the rumble motor that is why i ask about PC or CF because neither say if they support it. I feel pretty confident about sautering the main things Switches Accent LED, Main LED speaker, but the advanced stuff i am not as confident. thanks for the help Gents.
    Last edited by patolcott; 11-14-2012 at 09:41 PM. Reason: ooops double recharge LOL
    Olc-Pa Mabec

Well, you have two recharge ports listed, but I'm not gonna count that against you.

R.I.C.E. is nice, but not necessary. It's simple enough to remove the card to tweak settings, depending on how you mounted the sound board. The thing that R.I.C.E. lets you do is to see the changes immediately, right as you're changing them.

As for the rumble motor, I have heard good things about scavenging them out of old cell phones. From my experience with the PC, if you have a good resonance chamber then you won't need a motor to feel the hum. My PC-powered saber vibrates all on its own, just from the speaker.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I'm pretty sure both will run a rumble motor. How to wire them is in one or both of the manuals. The bass speaker gives off a little vibration on it's own. You only need a rice port if your SD card is difficult to reach, but it makes adjusting the config files way easier. Real time! Gotta love it.

There are lots of great tutorials on youtube about soldering. Do the parts you're more confident in first and once your iron is hot and your in the mod move up to more difficult. A good magnifying stand or even cheap reading glasses help big time.

the R.I.C.E. helps alot when you want to finetune your saber or just play around with some settings. but when you want to change the soundfont, you have to do this directly on the sd card.

Good to know about the speaker giving off a rumble i like that it will be less cram fu for me. and with the R.I.C.E i heard that you can change the color with the program if you have a multiple color LED is this true? and if it is how would i sauter Led? i have read the tutorials, but i dont quite understand what wiring in series is, or what the otherw ays are to wire it. dont get me wrong i see the pics and i see how they did it i just do not understand the reasoning behind it, why wiring it like that is nessesary.
    Olc-Pa Mabec

you can only change the color with the cf v6 (and the additional satelite board), other boards are also capable of this (there is one other I know of) but the pc2.0 doesn't have this feature. but you don't need R.I.C.E. to change the color, it's just another config settimg (in this case a few settings). R.I.C.E. just gives you the possibility to do ot in realtime.