Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Jedi Gear-Light, Dark, Gray? It don't matter.

yep james thats what i got. they do make nice costume boots to go with the jedi outfits, in either the brown or the black. i have both. a brown pair for my jedi garb, and a pair of the black for my vader. theyre comfortable enough for me to wear all day at a con or whatnot.

i have a full insole 5/8 lift in the vader ones.

for the price, they are good boots. only thing better would be real leather ones, but these look like leather on the outsides, and theyre lined with a material to make them nice and comfortable.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Cool thanks!

I will go check it out again.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

no prob, bro. also forgot to say i have their pirate boots too.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    TK-6208

James you can still be Anakin. We will take all the Anis we can get. You don't have to look like Anakin to dress like him. I am an example of that.

As far as boots go you might try this site too.

http://www.caboots.com/c=YfRgOUZtoa6...stumefootwear/

Then look in the superhero section. This may be the exact same boot. The brown boots look good, and with a spat made to go over them you could have a nice pair o boots.

allcostumes boots are very close to the same as caboots, but caboots are pretty pricey on the budget boots.

allcostumes are around 40 whereas caboots, which is almost if not the same, are 75 for the budget ones. why pay 30 bucks more for the same boots when allcostume has the same for 40.

james would save a bit of money that way. the extra he'd save could be spent then on the material for the outside straps/spats to makem anikin type boots.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    TK-6208

Quote Originally Posted by JediMcD
    HOLY CRUD! Where have I been! This is my new home thread. HA HA. JK. I have put so many hours into researching and experimenting with the Anakin ROTS costume it isn't funny. My wife thinks I am crazy. I am not saying I am an expert by any stretch, but I hope I can help.

#1 Anakin's costume most definately is brown. All the fabric and the lambskin tabards are brown.

#2 The costumes on ebay from singapore are not accurate but can be used in a pinch. I have his all leather Anakin boots, but they are being completely overhauled. I am basically using them as a base for better things.

#3 Those pen caps from singapore are not good. The plastic clip will break quickly. The actual pen caps have a metal clip. You can sometimes find them on ebay. I also have a large supply of them and I may be willing to make some sets if you talked really nice to me.

#4 I would advise against the belt from singapore as well. The buckle is inaccurate and the material has a shiny finish to it that is very inaccurate. I have been known to do some belts as well.

#6 etc. Just ask. Like I said I have put way too much time into this costume, but I am about to have a really great one done. I will post pictures as soon as it is complete.
    Thanks for the info.
    I'll definitely skip smokespoon's pen caps. How nice would I need to talk to you get some pens (or have you make a set of caps)?

I've already got the belt from singapore, it's accurate enough for me, and it looks fine, but it could use some adjustments, as the narrow belt piece seems shorter than the wide part. But I can probably live with it for now.
    I'd probably be interested in getting it fixed up a little in the future though.

I'd like to get his boots, but can't afford it this year,

I talked with someone in the chat yesterday who's making a glove and if he's pleased with how it turns out said he'd consider making them to order, and for a really good price too, but I'll leave that for him to divulge in case he needs to change it.

Has anyone made any of the other Jedi accessories? Such as the communicator? For the info on Padawan's Guide it looks pretty easy, and I think it's something I'll try and do sometime soon.
    So help me, if you make me sail a ship made of hobgoblin corpses across the ocean, I will find a way to make you pay. - Redcloak

Quote Originally Posted by LAN-ED-TUL
    allcostumes boots are very close to the same as caboots, but caboots are pretty pricey on the budget boots.

allcostumes are around 40 whereas caboots, which is almost if not the same, are 75 for the budget ones. why pay 30 bucks more for the same boots when allcostume has the same for 40.

james would save a bit of money that way. the extra he'd save could be spent then on the material for the outside straps/spats to makem anikin type boots.
    You can also get the generic boots at BuyStarWarsCostumes.com where they are also cheaper than caboots. $36 + shipping.
    Black/Vader
    Brown/jedi
    I got the black ones and I like them, until I can get something more accurate looking.
    So help me, if you make me sail a ship made of hobgoblin corpses across the ocean, I will find a way to make you pay. - Redcloak

thats not bad price there, around the same as AC for theirs. and both places are 30+ bucks cheaper than caboots. they just want too much for the same stuff you can get elsewhere with a lil lookin round.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    TK-6208

Yeah I figured there was a place to get them cheaper since their was nothing fancy with them. I have not gone to allcostumes before, but it looks like the exact same boot to me. I probably is they just mark it up. Wouldn't be the first time that has happened. I would just get the cheaper ones and make some spats with the extra money like you said Lan.

How nice would you have to talk to me? Well just shoot me a PM and we can discuss further the pen caps.

I also am waiting for a custom glove to be made. It will be extremely accurate, but i am willing to look at any options other than the Rubies glove. Keep us posted on the glove maker you talked to ryanlb.

The communicator is really easy to make. Just go to walmart or other such reatiler and get one of those wide handled ladies shaver. Then add some cool little tidbits you can find in those odds and ends bins at the hardware store. After that spray the hole thing silver. Next, the top "antanea" pieces can be glued on. Most people use pieces of brass tubing or pieces from a bicycle valve.

I am currently trying to purchase the correct wool crepe fabric for the robe and the accurate under tunic material which is a crinkled silk with sandwashed effect. I have some material already for these pieces, but I would much rather get the accurate stuff if I can find it and afford it. I don't think the accurate tunic material will ever be found, but the crinkled cotton I have looks really good and hangs really well.

I am getting so focused on this one costume I may have to give up working on others for a while. At least I may have to until I get this one completely done.

I thought this deserved a seperate post so that it wouldn't get lost in my last post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu-Fez0plK0

You may have already seen it, but if not it is an awesome video. The lyrics going along with Anakin very well.