Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Jedi Gear-Light, Dark, Gray? It don't matter.

Ryma Mara

Its gonna be along time till I can go to a convention.

i would love to go to C4 but man money is tighter than the space princess diana died in.

uh o thats not good. ill be prayen that money is loos again for you bro.

thanks, i did see the one on padawans but i didnt like it. the other was the one you detailed out, making it like a pillow case, that seems to be the easiest way for me. of course the wife will sew it herself, but i can cut and lay it out for her.

there was one tutorial i run across i cant find it again, that told of making the obi as one piece, with a slight stiffner in it, then a outer layer wrapped around that, creating a more movie look to the obi.

but i cant find that tutorial again.

the sash that came with the uppers i bought for her, was really nothing more than a cumberbund. and barely wider than her belt i made her.

i was very displeased with that. the rest was great. so i decided to remake her a better sash/obi myself. the main belt is 3 inches wide, with the small 1 inch in the center. i made it styled after the erics tutorial i found so the belt remains adjustable for size.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

i sew all my own stuff my mom said that i would need it one day and what d you know i use it all the time for the ren fair and stawars costumes. :P

If you want that rumpled/creased look the way its done is to cut the material on the bias. Unfortunately that uses alot more material as you have to lay your pattern out diagonally to the weave. Theres more wastage.

Then again the entire jedi outfit is like that, its very free with material if you do it properly.

It takes 9-10 yards to make a outer robe for an average sized person lol.
    Phil Higgins

Well, as long as I get what I want, i'm not too worried about the amount of material.

And is everybody looking at doing their sith tunic like cloud? I was gonna throw some mitsirugi (soul calibur) in there for good measure.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

i was showin the wife that padawan guide pattern, at first she didnt like it either, but after i thought about it, it would be easier for her to tie it on herself that way. but really thats not a major concern. so i may just stick with the easier one for her with the velcro in back.

heres a question: since her main leather belt i made her is 3 inches wide, how much obi material should be seen above and below the belt?

i was thinking at least 2 inches top and bottom. so the entire width of obi would be 7 inches.

any thoughts?

Lan-Ed-Tul
    TK-6208

Ryma Mara

well I was gonna take some ques like the sword holster and brasers and boots with pants part then the evel niss of the AC with alot of my own ideas but clouds costumes do look really sith like.

I'd say about two to three inches would look good. It would give her some exta material to scrunch-up, if she wanted to. Here's wah tmine looks like without the belt, and then with it.

My leather belt is three inches wide, and i believe that obi is about 8 inches wide.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

thanks JGJ, so i will run with 7 to 8 inches on the obi then.

BTW, your jedi looks really nice.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    TK-6208