Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Jedi Gear-Light, Dark, Gray? It don't matter.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I know the feeling I wear 10 1/2 EEE. That's mostly why I tend toward sandals... they don't squeeze my feet.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

try the allcostumes ebay seller. i got my boots from him. i have brown jedi for my jedi outfit, black ones for VADER, and a pair of black pirate ones for the ren fairs.

theyre comfortable and look good.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

The thing that bugs me about the Sideshow Anakin (I have the Vader edition, which is basically Anakin with sith eyes) is that his outer tunic and tabards are black. Ugh. They're dark brown IRL.

Anyway... for pouches, scour ebay for leather ammo pouches. Its relitivly easy to find WW2-era Kar-98 pouches, which are fine, but sometimes you can get lucky and find some good ones.
    But if you see any really good ones, and punkrocklizard is the high bidder... don't bid :P
    If you want screen accurate... finding working leather ones is going to be hard. Finding non-functional resin ones are pretty easy. Functional resin ones, kind of hard. Leather ones... wow. No idea there.

Hey,
    I made my own belt and food capsules.
    Here's some good info on Food Capsules:
    http://www.padawansguide.com/capsules.shtml

I got the pens on ebay, then used half ball buttons from a sewing store to cap them.

MC

HOLY CRUD! Where have I been! This is my new home thread. HA HA. JK. I have put so many hours into researching and experimenting with the Anakin ROTS costume it isn't funny. My wife thinks I am crazy. I am not saying I am an expert by any stretch, but I hope I can help.

#1 Anakin's costume most definately is brown. All the fabric and the lambskin tabards are brown.

#2 The costumes on ebay from singapore are not accurate but can be used in a pinch. I have his all leather Anakin boots, but they are being completely overhauled. I am basically using them as a base for better things.

#3 Those pen caps from singapore are not good. The plastic clip will break quickly. The actual pen caps have a metal clip. You can sometimes find them on ebay. I also have a large supply of them and I may be willing to make some sets if you talked really nice to me.

#4 I would advise against the belt from singapore as well. The buckle is inaccurate and the material has a shiny finish to it that is very inaccurate. I have been known to do some belts as well.

#5 The rubies glove is a good start, but it is very large. You will have to take it in at all of the seams and add a rubber strip around the arm of the glove. You can use a serpentine belt for this strip.

#6 etc. Just ask. Like I said I have put way too much time into this costume, but I am about to have a really great one done. I will post pictures as soon as it is complete.

I am in no means criticizing anyones costume or ideas. I just thought I would share what is known about the Anakin costume as of this time. More and more information is getting out about the correct materials and such. I hope that this will help with anyone interested in the costume.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

i got the luke anh belt from the singapore guy, any idea on how good that one is? looked great by the pics he had
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

dude if you would just read the post right in front of yours , jedi said the singapore stuff is basically crap.

cheap stuff.

you will never learn to read will you, and you wonder why we call you names and such.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Yeah got to agree with Lan-ed-Tul my friend bought his annikan tabards, pouches and belt from him, it is low grade stuff not made to last a lifetime. The Belt isn't even all leather part of it is synthetic.

" I am a Jedi like my Father before Me"
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Yeah you all have boiled what I was saying down to the correct phrase: his stuff is crap. The belts are mostly synthetic and the pouches are made out of a weird foam material that will not stand up to trooping. Not to mention that the pouches show very little detail. There are some pictures around of people who actually have the gear on, and all of the stuff is poor quality. Like I said though, it can be use in a pinch or as a base. Just like the boots I talked about, you can redye the material or restitch and spray nulife on the tabbards. I would suggest going with someone else if you like accuracy. As far as his new luke stuff, I would figure that it all would be like everything else he has done.

Excellent info there McD! I had done quite a bit of Anakin research for my brother to do him so I know what your sayin. I knew from the get go that I was limited to "generic" Jedi do to my size but I love to get all the info I can.

Lan, that allcostumes joint has the 12-13 boot. Is that what you have?
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"