Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Jedi Gear-Light, Dark, Gray? It don't matter.

Thank you, Lan. Glad to be of some help! I've had that outfit for about 4 1/2 years, and it's been through about 4 updates/changes during that time. The first obi I made for it was not wide enough, it only had about 1 inch above and below the belt. The one in the pics was new last year for Halloween. If you'd like more details on it, you can look here.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Lan, my obi is in that 7 to 8 inch range too. That is defiantly the way to go on that. I don't have anything securing my obi either. If I have to gear up on my own then I lay the obi and belt together and then put them on pretty much all as one. the belt of course can move here and there as needed and I make sure my obi is lined up just right. My wife suggested using velcro or something to secure the obi to the tabbards but I didn't like the way it would bunch up when I tried it. That may just be me and being on the big side though.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

I will echo that, James. The bunching is rather annoying, and allowing it to "float" makes adjusting it much easier. If you move at all, it will bunch up with the shifting of your body regardless of size, not sticking those pieces together helped not only with mine, but also with my 4 year old son's jedi costume. I also made it in the neighborhood of 8 inches, roughly the same as the tabbards' width.
    FSM What's on your belt?

Ryma, have you tried looking at the jedi sniper costume from ROTS game? Have a pic here:

Maybe not EXACTLY what you're after, no surcoat, but I figure it's a good reference for armor placement.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Interfacing might help with the bunching. It makes the obi a little more stiff.
    FSM FTW!

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

That is super cool, I love it. now where to get all the stuff?

BLUE 3- Ready

Well i'm sure the jump suit could be made quite easily - think goons of a big villain in a cheesy 70's Kung-fu flick, then use paintballing/ motocrossing body armor.

www.mpmcostumes.com
    How about using the Battlestar Galactica jumpsuit from here as a base?
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

well it wouldn't really have to be a jump suit, could almost be just a karate gi for the top with an undershirt or somthing. It's all the leather work.

BLUE 3- Ready

Ryma Mara

Thats sweet. looks like to much leather work for me.

Iam kinda thinking of like the obi clone wars type now. but with different armor type. maybe the arc troopers or the scout troopers.

I got the main idea just no clue for the armor....man I just remembered the tabards are gonna be long as hell.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

What the heck is a Jedi Sniper? I don't see any blaster. (I know, clumsy and random :P ) How do you snipe someone with a lightsaber?

You're right, Ryma, that would be a lot of leather work. You'd probably need a whole side of leather for that, too.

It looks cool, but the fact that there's no armor, or even a sleeve, on the arm he's holding the lightsaber with disturbs me, for some reason. It's like the armor has no purpose.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!