Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Using 7.4v 14500 pack with NB v1

Default Using 7.4v 14500 pack with NB v1

What do I need to do in order to make a 7.4 v pack work with the NB? Already have a 7.4v 14500 stick pack installed in a stunt hilt that I am putting the NB in an really wanted to keep the same battery if possible.

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

The beauty of the NB is that it is designed to run on a single cell. As there are 3000 mAh 18650s out there you'll get great runtime off the single cell and save space at the same time. You might be able to add a 5V Regulator to step down the voltage but it would probably be easier to change your batteries.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Thanks Boj Vaati, I will consider both options, I thought the 5v regulator would work, but I just wanted to confirm

Quote Originally Posted by jmPlagueis View Post
    Thanks Boj Vaati, I will consider both options, I thought the 5v regulator would work, but I just wanted to confirm
    Just keep in mind that when that pack is fully charged, it will be at 8.2volts....that's a lot for a 5volt regulator to handle and it may get very hot.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Just keep in mind that when that pack is fully charged, it will be at 8.2volts....that's a lot for a 5volt regulator to handle and it may get very hot.
    So in other words, I should keep the 5v regulator off the board?

Also, there will be no chassis system involved, would you recommend heat shrinking the NB or no?

I would recommend building a chassis, myself. Having things bounce around in there increases the likelihood of problems down the road.

why cant people just follow directions?
    the NBv1 only needs 3.4-5.5v. THATS IT....why would you want to risk blowing up
    a perfectly good board just cause you don't want to follow directions.......

sorry, that irritates me.
    Last edited by Elim Vos; 10-14-2012 at 09:45 AM.

The problem is that I am putting it in a very skinny hilt and there are no chassis pieces that are compatible with it. Also, I do not have the resources to create one myself. I was going to secure the NB to the stick pack, and I already have a retention screw holding the battery pack in place, so it will still be secured and not loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Vos View Post
    why cant people just follow directions?
    the NBv1 only needs 3.3-5v. THATS IT....why would you want to risk blowing up
    a perfectly good board just cause you don't want to follow directions.......

sorry, that irritates me.
    Thank you for reminding me why I do not spend much time on these forums.

sorry just my opinion,
    its your board...
    Last edited by Elim Vos; 10-14-2012 at 09:35 AM.