Thread: Anakus, A Clone Wars Era Jedi Saberby LDM

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Arrow Anakus, A Clone Wars Era Jedi Saberby LDM

Anakus, A Clone Wars Era Jedi Saber

This is a saber styled in the vein of my favorite prequel saber the Anakin AOTC. It is not meant to be a replica, but it has a number of design cues taken from various prequel and OT sabers. It is "Graflexy, MPPy, Anakiny". It s completely custom machined saber with a uni-body design and is, therefore exceptionally durable. I worked very hard to achieve the current finish of this hilt. I machined a bunch of subtle details including some knurled "strips" under the grips that mimic the knurled "clamp" on Anakin's ROTS saber. I also did a ton of polishing work with steel wool to give it some texture. There are tons of "polished" sabers out there, but this one is meant to look like it has been used and polished over and over again. I have literally been building this since 2008 (that is the time stamp on my original pictures) and am finally happy with the result. Even though I used t-tack grips, this saber is not as thick and uncomfortable as it's Graflex sisters since the OD is only 1.375", which is much less than a Graflex's OD. I went with my favorite blade color/FoC combo (cyan/salmon) and a gorgeous copper touch plate activation system to finish it off. I also built it with a ton of internal real estate, so I chose an 18650 for epic run time.

Particulars:
    100% custom machined uni-body hilt
    CSv1 with Nightstorm's TOR "Justice"
    9W Cyan blade with Salmon FoC
    3.7V (2400 mAh 18650) Li-ion with recharge/kill in pommel
    Touch Plate Activation
    2W Speaker w/machined resonance chamber
    Machined Brass retention screw

The BMT:

The Glams:

Detail and FoC:

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Excellent hilt, LDM with a subtle and effective finish. it looks like what an apprentice of Anikin would have made to reflect his master's weapon. .

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Boj-Vaati Mau View Post
    Excellent hilt, LDM with a subtle and effective finish. it looks like what an apprentice of Anikin would have made to reflect his master's weapon. .
    Thank you. That is an excellent read on where I was going with it.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

Fantastic - my first response was to the steps in the radius of the saber, and then I got hooked on the detail below the grips. I do so love layered texture... This saber has so much of that, but it's subtle and exquisitely detailed. Bravo, sir.

great work on this saber it is epic awsomeness

Please take this in the loving way it's intended.

That saber is stupidly awesome.

As in, I'm dumbfounded by it. You, and the other sabersmiths around here, never cease to amaze me at the level of detail and concept that you manage to come up with, even in deceptively simple sabers like this one.
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thank you very much. I must say that I truly appreciate the wonderful comments.

Nice "what if" design, LDM! It came out great.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    Nice "what if" design, LDM! It came out great.
    Thanks Bro, mucho appreciado.