Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Andrew's personal saber

What is it that you would have done differently?

I myself would like to make a crystal chamber like that one day too but probably not for my first saber. I was looking over parts and sizes last night and realized that a lot of the chassis disks will not fit in the ribbed section and because of my design I don't know if I can set everything up the way I want it. :/

Minor things, mostly. I wish I had detailed the chamber some more, but that comes from another year of looking at other people's work and developing higher aspirations. The battery and sound board are at the back in the ribbed/grooved piece, and while everything fit nicely during dry-fit when it came time to screw that part on everything got bindy and twisty (wires take up space, you see), so my solution was to remove the male threads and add a set screw to hold it. I should have used a few more, as it loosens up after a while and the shroud was never intended to be an external load-bearing element. However, it was already wired up, so I had to work around having this dangly electronics suite going back into my drill press... Also, there's way too much wire in there, but you can't see it and I'm always striving to be better at that.

Still the best saber to come off my bench, though, in my opinion.

I see....

Can you tell me, as I've been very curious as to how the speaker holders mount into the pommel? When I look at the parts I don't see how they will hold in place unless they have been mounted to the chassis rods and other chassis pieces if that's correct? I don't see a groove on them like the led heatsink to lock them in place.

I went with a reverse sound setup on this one (it's up behind the emitter and in front of the crystal chamber), but typically the V2's drop in and are held in place between 2 parts while the V4's need a set screw someplace to pin the chassis in place. Both only work with the standard MHS interior diameter.

Very interesting and unique design.... I like it!
    Strong work!
    LOCKHEED

really a nice saber! I don't comment too often anymore, because I see a lot of the same thing generated, which is not bad at all but something like this makes me want to build again!

Thanks for the comments! And JRD1, there was a time when you didn't want to build? I want to build, just seem to have a hard time finding the time to do so... and the resources to match the will!

Nice saber dude. That's some serious shroud work. Love how you placed the buttons too. Bet there be tons of room for spinning and such. The Hero font sounds amazing on your saber too.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-