Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kyp Durran Lightsaber?

Default Kyp Durran Lightsaber?

Has anyone outhere been able to find out what kyp Durran's lightsaber looks like? he happens to be my favorite star wars character, and i would love to build his saber. I have tried all the normal means of finding it google, bing, yahoo. I have checked all of my books and graphic comics that i own with him in it. I am going to try the library next but nowhere i look has a good picture of it. So any help would be needed. I guess if no one can find it We should have tim set up a kyp durron lightsaber building contest and pick the best one and say that is it... LOL
    Olc-Pa Mabec

http://eruantien-fett.deviantart.com...urron-53231681

That is the best one I can find through Google.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Thats a good start lets see if we can get some more ideas!
    Olc-Pa Mabec

I'm sure you saw this already if you've been googling Kyp Durron, but the Star Wars Wookieepedia has a few pics of him with his lightsaber. Nothing too up-close or detailed of course, but there's a few pics to sift through.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Kyp_Durron.jpg
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

How's this one?
    BH 16, 7" Fluted with AV hole, Pommel 7, a 5/8" or 3/4" D Ring screwed to an Insert 1, with Powder Coating 1 on the BH and Main Body. It's quite short at a hair over 9.5"...

Last edited by Boj-Vaati Mau; 10-08-2012 at 01:59 PM.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Thats looking pretty good, I would try to make it longer though. but it is definately the right style from what few pics i have seen
    Olc-Pa Mabec

How about this one?
    -BH 16
    -Choke style 2
    -Main body style 3
    -MPS blank pommel long
    -AV switch
    Just under 12'' long

Last edited by fragrax; 10-08-2012 at 02:23 AM.

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

A bit longer then....Close on to 11 1/8" with 2x 3" Fluted extentions and a 2" Double Female Extention.

11.5" with a 7" Fluted Main Body, a Double Male Extention, and a Double Female Adapter.

13 1/8" with 2x 4" Fluted Extentions and a 2" Double Female.

Photobucket makes them all look the same size without editing them in their online program. I would say that teh second one down remains closest to the look that you're after.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

This is AWESOME! you guys are coming up with some great ideas! and from the few pic i have seen of his saber these are as close as i think you could get. so far i kind of like a mix between boj and fragrax i think i would use fragrax's choke and pommel and boj's main body style so far. awsome ideas guys. oh and a bit off topic, Fragrax on your soleya how did you get that triangle shaped piece ? is it MHS modified? that is an really beautiful piece of work
    Olc-Pa Mabec

In a lot of those pictures it almost looks like his emitter is like Blade Holder 18.
    My favorite color may be red, but my lightsaber will always be true blue.