Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Putting an AV Switch in an Ultrasabers "no sound" Hilt; possible?

Using a box would be much easier than trying to use the nut on the switch as well. A style 9 box without the recharge port hole would be ideal on this saber, or he could install a recharge port while he has it apart.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

You're right, that might work great. I'd just have to drill the hole for the rivet and I'm good to go?.
    Last edited by DarthGM; 10-05-2012 at 07:46 AM.
    Phil Maiewski, Alderaan Base Executive Officer
    Maynard, MA
    Costumes:Clone Commander Fil in the Rebel Legion
    CC/CT/TB-4043 in the 501st Legion
    Check out Fragments from the Rim: a Star Wars Gaming and Costuming blog

They all come with a nut. Trust me, I've been around the block a time or two. now, getting the nut tightened and installed, might be a bit of a challenge if that hilt is one-piece, as I suspect it is. In that case, a screwdriver and a technique from installing wire clamps in electrical boxes comes in handy.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    They all come with a nut. Trust me, I've been around the block a time or two. now, getting the nut tightened and installed, might be a bit of a challenge if that hilt is one-piece, as I suspect it is. In that case, a screwdriver and a technique from installing wire clamps in electrical boxes comes in handy.
    I like your "Style 9" box idea...may have to end up going with that.
    Maynard, MA

Another option (that will add more $$$ to the modifications) is to use one of these to mount the switch along with a second accent led: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Ac...e-10-P634.aspx

I trust Jay-gon's advice on this. He's built more than a few sabers in his time.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Another option (that will add more $$$ to the modifications) is to use one of these to mount the switch along with a second accent led: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Ac...e-10-P634.aspx
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    I trust Jay-gon's advice on this. He's built more than a few sabers in his time.
    ...you are evil, evil men.

I'd ask for a pamphalet to your sermons if I weren't already here...
    =D

I can't find the accent LEDs in the Store. Where are they?
    Maynard, MA

Quote Originally Posted by DarthGM View Post
    I can't find the accent LEDs in the Store. Where are they?
    Sink Tube and Misc section.

So when I get all these, I wire them up in parallel, right?

Blade LED
    AV Switch
    Accent LED

Man...I need a diagram to figure out how this will work. Like where the resistor goes in all this...anyone got any good links?
    Maynard, MA

You said this runs on 2 AA batteries? What kind of batteries are you using, alkaline or Li-ion cells? Just curious, bcuase most of the leds used to light a blade require 3.5 to 3.8 volts and two Alkalines are under driving it.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 10-05-2012 at 07:16 PM.