Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: General hilt building

And I thought my ideas were far-out! :P

im gunna convert my anakin saber soon. and im not sure what will get me the best Blue. Rebal stars,Luxeon3,Soul P4 or the Rebal Tri star. what do u think??

and also im confused on how the thermal tape goes on. can some one put a pic or diagram showing the emiter,heatsink,thermal tape,Led,lense and holder. and also the heatsink mount that is made out of coper. thanks

Daniel
    Last edited by Lord Maul; 08-28-2010 at 11:09 AM. Reason: double post

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Stop double posting. Loreen and myself have talked to you before about this.

Go for a rebel or a P4. It doesn't really matter that much, they're largely the same.

With the conversion kit, you don't need to use the rebel heatsink spacer.

The thermal tape is easy to use. Peel the backing off and stick it on the heatsink. Then stick the LED onto it. The set the optics on top. You'll see how easy it is when you have the parts in hand.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Default what?

another question.. Is it safe to use a Seol P4 green Led to convert a 2007 Hasbro Anakin skywalker?

Also what parts would i need to build a luke skywalker ROTJ lightsaber. I want to make it with a thin choke. And I would like to know the cheapest way to go about it!

Thanks

Daniel
    Last edited by Danocrunch; 09-11-2010 at 01:17 PM.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Double posting is when you post twice in a row. If you have something to add to your post, hit the 'edit' button and put it in.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Question here: is it possible to attach very thin pieces of shroud onto the main hilt, and if so, how? It's for this saber:

I'm just wondering if I should just use something like O-rings for the tiny spaces instead of metal.

Thanks!
    Life is short. Yoda is shorter.

It is possible, but can be somewhat challenging for your patience....when installing small rings of sinktube to an MHS hilt, I use epoxy resin to hold them in place. It can be messy if you use too much epoxy, so use it carefully. Cleaning off the excess can be a pain in the rear.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Do you think it would be worth the effort, or would it be more practical to just use something like an O-ring?
    Life is short. Yoda is shorter.

Another challenge you will have is cutting a ring that thin to begin with. I would use an O ring.

guys im new to this but do i need a main body for my saber? can i make it on extensions? with the pommel, blade holder and all that of course