Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: General hilt building

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yes, you can make a saber out of extensions. But you need to decide what's going inside, so you can make sure it will be long enough for your electronics.

Please to some reading around this forum.
    A LOT of reading.

Start with all the stickied threads in all the different sections.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

While you can make a brilliant saber out of extensions, for a first timer it may be easier to use a main body, but if you're comfortable enough to use other parts, then by all means go wild!
    Be sure to post which parts you are using so we can let you be sure everything will fit.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

you can use extensions..

the main bodies are usually a bit longer..

have some grooves in them.. and possibly a switch hole pre-drilled.

all the MHS parts screw together..

I suggest using the MHS Builder application to understand how the parts work (using threads hints ON will show where male & female threads are located)

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/mhsbuilder/

the new builder is almost completed..

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...mhsbuilder.php

and shows better renders of the parts.. as well as an internal view (so you can plan your internals too@!)

good luck!

Hey Im very new to tcss, and am in the process of building my first saber! Is is possible to order an extension with a switch hole drilled in it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shockenawe View Post
    Hey Im very new to tcss, and am in the process of building my first saber! Is is possible to order an extension with a switch hole drilled in it?
    Welcome aboard. I would suggest some searches here in the forums, using the mhs builder, and visiting the site. The answer you're looking for is all over the place.

I also suggest watching this video so you know which switch hole to order.
    http://youtu.be/D7zzMuZ_kxc
    "The Force is a river from which many can drink, and the training of the Jedi is not the only cup which can catch it."

Quote Originally Posted by Shockenawe View Post
    Its a service that can be added/ordered:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Sw...oles-C106.aspx

(also can be done, as in added/ordered using the MHS builder)

*note: requires flash.

MHS Builder:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...mhsbuilder.php

Hi, I just registered on the forum for discussing a matter of building.
    I was looking for a custom made piece and used the MHS builder to have an idea and created my set of swords. The project looks great but I have some technical questions about the electronic part.

- Is it possible to have the buttons "inside" the hilt so I don't feel them when handling the sword? If possible, how should I indicate that on the MHS builder?
    - what are the activation box / jack / covertec knob?
    - Is the petit crouton the soundcard or sound/light card?
    - How to change colour of the blades? Do hilts have a colour card with a single colour or a multicoloured LED?
    - Are all parts modular so I can eventually use 2 different blades on the same hilt?

Thank you!

Hi friend. Best thing you can do is read through the forum. That being said, some quick answers to get you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester_ View Post
    - Is it possible to have the buttons "inside" the hilt so I don't feel them when handling the sword? If possible, how should I indicate that on the MHS builder?
    I've read a few posts about magnetic and force switches here, but I don't know how well they work if executed. They may be a pain to use in a dueling saber. You have some options with switches available here: countersunk switch hole, switch in the pommel, or use the tall tactile switch (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ctile-switches).

- what are the activation box / jack / covertec knob?
    Activation boxes hold switches, LEDs, and ports. They are held to the saber with screws. Look them up in the store for examples. Coveryec knob holds your saber to a clip on you belt. Jack...are you talking about the recharge jack?

- Is the petit crouton the soundcard or sound/light card?
    - How to change colour of the blades? Do hilts have a colour card with a single colour or a multicoloured LED
    Yes...read the description and manual in the store. If you want to use the card, you'll have to do it anyway...many, many times.

- Are all parts modular so I can eventually use 2 different blades on the same hilt?
    Yes and no. Check your diameters and version numbers before ordering.

Hope this helps.
    If you think you've had an original question, you probably haven't read enough...

I'm wondering about gemstones. What would I need to do to affix a gem to my saber hilt? In my dream saber it would be nice to have a red pommel stone as a tribute to the Redwall novels.