Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Costuming Forum

Quote Originally Posted by james3

Hey! Watch out for the fan..... Oh Snitz!!!

RUNN!!!!!

Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

In my opinion the rules tend to be applied selctivly on TFN, some can get away with everything while others get a smack for almost nothing. I no longer read or post at TFN (long story).
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

"Life tests you! Everyday it brings new chances for triumph or defeat.
    And if you pass the test, it doesn't make you a Jedi. It makes you human."

-Qui-Gon Gin

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.............

"Life tests you! Everyday it brings new chances for triumph or defeat.
    And if you pass the test, it doesn't make you a Jedi. It makes you human."

-Qui-Gon Gin

i only read and post in around 3 different topics over there, luckily, i havenbt had any problems with anyone there yet.

but thats not to say i wont sometime tho.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Default Yikes... long time no post here...

Ok... so... I've *NEVER* been big on costuming. In fact... all throughout my performance history, I've simply been SOOOOOOooooo grateful to my costumers, you have no idea. This means way before BOP I or anything at all like that. I've NO gift for costuming or anything like that. In fact, it was APPALLING how badly I did in the (required) costuming / hair classes I had to take during the course of studying performance/film/theatre in college. It was a travesty, you have no idea. Especially on the hair aspect. God. CAN... NOT... DO... THIS... ... I... SUCK sooooooo bad.

Anyhow. Nova needs some help!!!... if anyone can point me in the right direction... I didn't really know WHAT to search for with the TCSS search engine, sooo...

* I'm lookin' for basic jedi costumes/robes for young kids (6 to 13)
    * I would also like to see what "custom" folks have to offer... in order to upgrade/append/replace the jedi-style and darkside-style costumes I have for myself
    * The costumes would (in general) need to be ideal for stage/live performances (i.e. not super hot wool-material, nothing to trip on or rip during a backflip or b-twist, lol)

Also, if it's not obvious yet... I wouldn't need any fancy details like special belts or covertec clips or "screen accuracy" or whatever. Not even boots, as... I have what I need that lend themselves to performance (thus far).

Thanks in advance if anyone knowledgeable can help! I will go "devil's advocate" on people right now and mention: if you've never seen the BOP shows or you don't know who I am and what I'm about regarding the saber-stuff... you probably can't help me! Probably.

Just sayin' it, in case someone is like: "search ebay", lmao...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Hiya Nova,

If you go to any of the Jo-Anne Fabrics/Micheal's type stores and ask in the patterns department, they have patterns for both adult and children size Jedi outfits. They are basic patterns that you buy for $5-$10 (last I looked) and they can be whatever material you choose, you just have to make them. I don't think they have any 'Sith' patterns, but the standard Jedi pattern could just be made with black material I guess. If you were looking for someone to make 'em for you, 'Speedy Stitches' (ebay store) makes all size and quality of Jedi & Sith costumes. The better quality wool stuff gets costly, but the lower end stuff is way cheaper and they do complete outfits, robes included.

Good luck
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There is a pattern out there that is great for making simple jedi robes after you change it up a little...

I'll find it in a minute...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Hey Nova

If you want a good quality seamstress, the one who did my gear (primarily for live performances and stage combat) goes by the name of Ladysewforus

http://www.ladysewforus.com/

My costume is the 'short samuri kimono' in the gallery

If you want rugged gear that doesnt like falling apart (easily anyways that is generic for an adult, the ebay store Costumebase isnt too bad. For the soft parts anyways, their pouches are horrible :S

Also you will most likely find most of the good patterns for a jedi are hard to find, due to C&D's, however there are some 'near enough' patterns in the Simplicity and McCalls that can be modified to suit..

Thanks everyone... and Alcfa, I wouldn't know what a "pouch" is--at least for a jedi costume. I have bought some materials from costumebase before though--I think it was for the "Maul"-ish costume I have.

But yeah... I'm REALLY bad with costuming stuff. Some people may not understand me about this, but... I just have no idea what is going on. Sewing boggles my mind, and I don't understand a lick of anything with it. It's not for lack of trying. As I mentioned. Still... I really hate costuming anyhow, and it's my least favorite part of doing shows (let alone BOP)... so... yup, I just assume get it into the hands of those who know.

Again... thanks--if anyone else has suggestions, please feel free. Just make sure to read my initial post first, thanks!!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide