Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Costuming Forum

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Default Costuming Forum

Since this is new I'd like to say this will be fun. I know you all like to make costumes to go with your sabers.

I'll be moving some established threads here. I'd like to keep certain costumes all in one thread. That makes them a nice resource and keeps it clean.

Have fun, if you want to make thread on a certain characer please just make the title clear.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Council Member
    Sith Warrior

Awesome Idea, great job X!!!

Darth Raizzar SL/TK6312
    501st Legion Midwest Garrison

Dude! that is so wicked!

Thanks for establishing a set place for the costumes! Soon we will be more powerful the TFN and rule the galaxy....
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

been waiting for this move, LOL
    When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

i like it x-wing. great idea my friend.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Is it permissible to solicit items here? IE, I need an accurate Anakin glove, can I ask for someone to make one to sell me?
    So help me, if you make me sail a ship made of hobgoblin corpses across the ocean, I will find a way to make you pay. - Redcloak

I would say just post to ask and then go to PM or email from there.

I see no reason to be like the TFN costume nazi.

That is of course if the boss is cool with it.....How 'bout it Tim?

At some point Tim is looking to have some decent costume stuff to sell as well as parts

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

In the case of costumes until Tim has an offering for what you are looking for it's cool. That's my thoughts at least and Tim can say for sure.

I would say that don't create threads "I need this!?!?!". Just state "I'm looking for this, please PM me." Half the reason TFN is a nazi about it is because they are one of the largest forums on the internet (they rank in the top 10) and that puts them under scrutiny of licensed prop makers.

If you go and state in the open "I can make that for you." That's a recipe for a C&D from them and possibly getting Tim in some problems he doesn't need.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by james3
    I see no reason to be like the TFN costume nazi.
    Sister_Sola is not a "nazi", she has certain rules that she must see are followed, just like the moderators of that forum before her. The Force.net is a very public website, and the LFL "spies" are there all the time, so they need to keep their butts covered over there about unlicensed replicas.

It's also important to cut down on redundant threads, so that topics can be found. Don't be insulted that the one you started got locked, you were referred to the proper thread.

She's actually a very nice and gracious lady. Maybe you think her power goes to her head, maybe it does a little. But give her the benefit of the doubt.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Ok, first off, Don't assume a damn thing cause you would be wrong. When I posted that I knew it would get locked just like every other GD thing on there, While I understand the logic of why they put her friggin costume in the handmaiden section, I would of at least put in a pointer to the topic in Amidala's section of the index.So that has not a damn thing to do with it, I got my info so I could give a **** where the topic goes. Unlike some people while I may start a topic every once in a while I do not "own it" once the submit button is pushed, it belongs to the board.

With that said, I have been using that term for quite a while now and if she is a friend of yours and I have offended well I am offended by the fact that freedom of speech seems to come to a dead end on there.
    Maybe it is because I haven't spent a lot of years on a bunch of forums and that is a normal way to do things but the last time I checked this is the United States of America and that means a person has the right to express themselves.

Amendment I
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
    Sometimes people disagree, that's life. I oppose the fact that someone can just up and scratch something that another person has to say. We are human, we make mistakes, WE ARE NOT PERFECT! I don't need anyone dictating to me what I can or can not say, hear or read. I have put my foot in my mouth before and I will damn sure do it again because I have the luxury granted to me by those that came before me.