Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Nano Biscotti Beta test Saber

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thumbs up The Nano Biscotti Beta test Saber

Nano Biscotti v1 in a little hilt...the beta results video!

Hey everyone, my beta testing is now finished as well. I tested the NBv1 in a Korbanth MWIII (that I had to make for Korbanth, lol) and it is a great little board. I am sure everyone will really get a kick out of using it.

Here is a side-bye-side with a CSv1, just so that you can see that it is even smaller. Of course, the NB has no FoC support and no 3.3V LED pad, but it is meant as a true MR replacement and it does that SPECTACULARLY. Enjoy!

Here is the video:

[img width=300 height=245]http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll317/drdicarlo/Crystal%20Shard%20and%20Nano%20Biscotti%20Beta/Nano%20Biscotti/th_00001.jpg[/img]

Below is the full post of the working saber (pasted from Fx). Get ready folks, it is coming.

Korbanth MWIII for Korbanth

As many know (but apparently even more have forgotten) I still do occasional conversions. When Korbanth did his second run a couple of years ago, he asked me to light an MWIII up for him, preferably with sound. I promptly threw it onto the back burner and waited for the "right time". With the need to provide beta testing for the new Nano Biscotti, I figured this was indeed the "right time". Firstly, I didn't want to degrade this particular hilt's structural integrity by completely removing the 3/4" ID tube that is the backbone of the saber. With the NBv1, I was able to do just that.there is only about 1.5" of BH depth, but there is nice reosnance, solid volume, good sound quality and a great TruPurple LED on a star, heatsinked and everything The switch could have gone MANY places, but I chose (for expediency's sake) to put it into the grip like MH and Gil have done. I went with a 1.3mm recharge/kill that is hidden under hte pommel. ALthough the NBv1 goes into deep sleep mode, I went recharge/kill just because I wanted to. The biggest thing I did (machine-wise) is to completely rebuild the pommel (which now has gorgeous brass mesh inlay as a pommel insert). It matches the hilt perfectly IMO. I topped it off with Madcow's "Shatterpoint" and called it good.

Particulars:
    Korbanth MWIII
    Custom Pommel
    Nana Biscotti v1 with Madcow's "Shatterpoint"
    3.7V Li-ion w/1.3mm recharge/kill (hidden)
    0.87" Kobitone Speaker
    TruPurple LED

The BMT:

The Glams:

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

That board sound pretty good. You have any idea what the price will be? Or the release date?
    Honey, you've been looking for love in Alderaan places!

Awesome! Thanks for the vid too! It's awesome to see these in action and it makes me look forward to them all the more...

Remember, your LED will ALWAYS look brighter in pics and vids... If you're not playing with it at night, it's not gonna impress you...

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Evilpancreas View Post
    That board sound pretty good. You have any idea what the price will be? Or the release date?
    Price point is up to TCSS. I am not at liberty to divulge that info. When? Like I said in the other thread, it will become available when the beta testing is finished. I am personally finished, but a few others are still working. I do believe that hte board will be released very soon at an exceptionally reasonable price point.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Blog Entries

Amazing conversion... I'm happy to see a sound card coming out that will be suitable for us 3/4" users lol!

Question for ya, LDM. How does the installation difficulty compare between this and the other cards? Does the smaller size make your soldering significantly more difficult?
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I believe TCSS will be offering these with a header pin set installed so soldering will be a breeze. Even without it, all the pads are on the front of the board all in a row. It took me literally 10 minutes to heat up the iron, solder it in, and turn everything off to play. Easy peasy, bacon cheesy. This will be easier to solder than the crappy econo boards with those fragile pads, and much better to solder than an MR board.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Faboo! Also, I always thought it was "Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezey". I think I may like your version better...

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Possibly the wisest thing ever said...