Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 5watt w/ sound and cooling fan

I might also put a smal LED inside the vent holes, just to be over the top...

The led trick always makes a nice effect. I have done a couple like that with sink tube sabers. I think Vadeblade did it the ultimate though.

I look forward to seeing how the effect turns out with the poteniometer. I admit it's not me but I would like to see how it turns out nonetheless.

Have you an idea of about how long the hilt will be? All those goodies in there is going to need some space.

Again, cool design and nice layout.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

the fan idea could work great but also Tim should make a finned or slotted heat sink... made a crappy pic in my paint program to give an idea of what I mean... this is what it would look like from bottom or top view.. like I said its a crappy pic but I think you get the idea... make it for people who are going to opt to using a fan to help the cooling..

hhhhhhhhhhhm it would also look pretty cool as a pommel as well... well that's just my thoughts on it.

If Tim makes another style of LED holder/heatsink I think the overwhelming majority are going to want something more in line with what Aavid makes or made. We have been begging for that for a long time now.

And if your using the MHS stuff his current feal is fine.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

I'm not familiar with Aavid or his products, so maybe someone can show me a picture...

Anyway, Tim's current design can be modified easily to accomidate more airflow, and subsequently, more cooling, by cross-cutting the tubes protuding from the back of the led holder.

Here's my two-second MS Paint attempt at a visual...