Thread: PLIs and accent LEDs

Default PLIs and accent LEDs

Hi all.
    Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have embarked on a build. I have a couple MRs, a few Hasbro's, an early Luxeon4 graflex conversion, and a Saberforge NS3.0 Monarch.

Just placed a big order in the TCSS store for a PC2 and various momentary switches, latching switches, and other nibnobs I'll need.

My 1st question is this: I really wanted a PLI, but they are out of stock. How often do those restock?

2nd question: where would a good place be to source some appropriate low power and output LEDs as accents?
    I plan on using button head bolts that I'll tap into the hilt body, then core out to provide a light channel, then apply a countersunk crystal hemisphere inside the buttonhead. Thinking roughly .25" or smaller buttonheads.

Bonus question: If TCSS is not going to get PLIs in stock any time soon, where might one source one of these?

Any help is appreciated.

(I plan on using some of the internals of the Saberforge Monarch: the power source, the blade LED and the hilt itself, which I really like, but the NS3.0 is a disappointment, hence the PC2.0 purchase. I looked briefly at the Ultrasabers board, but the PC2.0 board had more of the features I wanted.)

Anyway, thanks in advance.

email Tim for when he will have them back in stock

accent led you can get in any electronics store like radio shack

good luck with your build

TCSS is usually very good at getting things back in stock. I'd wait a max of 2 weeks and if they still aren't back, then email them and ask about it.

Some accent LEDs can be found at at Radio Shack as jin starkiller stated. You could also find a large source of them at places like mouser.com, LEDsupply.com, and superbrightLEDs.com. 5mm LEDs are the "standard", but I usually use the 3mm ones in order to save some space. Best of luck!
    -Takanis-
    Simpi-Gon Sims (FX-Sabers Forums)

From what I've heard from Tim back in August is that there was no plan to restock PLIs for now.
    Maybe this has changed, so you can indeed ask this by mail
    Clicky Sig =>

Best prices I have found on LEDs is amazon.com