Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scratch build Anikin AOTC what if WIP

Default Scratch build Anikin AOTC what if WIP

I thought I would share with you guys what I've been up to lately. I side barred my other WIP temporarily to finish up the first saber saber I ever dreamed of creating. Almost 5 years ago Gelu from Illumisabers made a saber called Chameleon. I always viewed this as a what if ani never killed Mace saber. This is a picture I scrounged off the web.

I acquired an old Ultrasabers chrome shroud, a Parks die cut clamp, and a joe jedi pommel, and went to work. I also bought some of parks aluminum grips and had them milled down to closer resemble the the ani grips. I then proceeded to mill out where the grips were on the hilt so they would be more flush with the hilt itself.

I also decided to use of Tims new brass pommel inserts.

More to come later.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

very nice...really like the brass and chrome look!
    "A foolish man fights a fight he'll lose, and lose foolishly".

Looks magnificent. Can't wait to see more.
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

Ohhh, this is and will be awesome. I can't wait to see the finished product, and every step along the way.

Love it already.

very cool like the way the chrome and brass look together

I like the "what if..." concept. If Anakin had never fallen would he have eventually risen to a rank that bestowed on him the honor of having an electrum hilt. Definitely looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
    My favorite color may be red, but my lightsaber will always be true blue.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Small update. I got the crystal chamber done.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

nhice!!!!!!
    "A foolish man fights a fight he'll lose, and lose foolishly".

Nice work A!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com