Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightsaber Help on some questions, LONG PARTS LIST

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    You mean this?

http://ca.mouser.com/ProductDetail/C...r2hlSnZSx65h4C

Voltage typically varies by the color of the LED. Reds and ambers are lower (around 2.1 - 2.3) where Blues and Greens are in the 3.2 - 3.4 range. That should do nicely for you, or you could visit your local Radio Shack If you live in the United States.
    Lol yes i just found that too thats what i will get Thanks! What resistor will work 82 or 270? 1/4 from tcss

And Fixed!
    Last edited by FireBlaze97; 09-23-2012 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FireBlaze97 View Post
    Lol yes i just found that too thats what i will get Thanks! What resistor will work 82 or 270? 1/4 from tcss
    From what I can see 66.6... ohm, but the store only carries 82, so yeah.

BTW, formula: (Source voltage - Forward voltage) / Current = Resistor. So (3.3 (from the accent pad) - 2.1) / 0.018 (18mA, the max of the accent pads) = 66.6... ohms.

And the lazy way = http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz

I'll spare you redoing the math (this once). You need a 82 ohm 1/4 watt resistor.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 09-23-2012 at 10:04 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks Guys for all of your help!

This is it the final rendering of the diagram.

PC diagram FINAL5.jpg
    Last edited by FireBlaze97; 09-23-2012 at 10:16 PM.

To my understanding the led will flicker when ideling and clashing and in lockup?

To my understanding the led will flicker when ideling and clashing and in lockup?
    As long as you configure it that way.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

As long as you configure it that way.
    now how do i do that xP its the chip that does it using the txt files or is it a physical wiring concept?

Edit: Is this with a clash sensor, iv got no clue what to do with this in my diagram. I have noticed that madcow has been able to hookup a PLI unit to his sabers, how is this possible? Even though the PLI isnt in stock i would one day like to upgrade this saber with rice, foc, pli and whatever sound founts i want at the moment from saber fonts . xD you can totally tell I'm a noob at this.
    Last edited by FireBlaze97; 09-24-2012 at 06:40 PM. Reason: noob stuff

Yeah, I got the noob part figured out already. Which Madcow saber are you talking about?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Yeah, I got the noob part figured out already. Which Madcow saber are you talking about?
    XD the Madcow saber I am talking about is the ascend this is the vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMC5l...e_gdata_player

XD the Madcow saber I am talking about is the ascend this is the vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMC5l...e_gdata_player

First things first. Download the PC 2.0 manual, and read it over - several times. It basically explains all the configuration settings, and how to wire it up, etc. etc. As for the PLI, you may want to save that for down the road. One of the biggest mistakes noobs tend to make is to try to run before they can even walk.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines