Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Custom Jedi/Sith Costume Builder!

Default Custom Jedi/Sith Costume Builder!

Similar to Tim's MHS Saber Builder here, a site I've been getting catalogs from for years (and ordering from as well) has developed an online builder for Custom Jedi Costumes. I've not ordered a custom costume from them as I have had my personally tailored outfit for quite some time, but it looks fun. Besides, one can custom match the pants, shirt, tunic, wraps, belts, and robes in different colors and sizes. When I came across the builder, I immediately thought of all my friends here who might like to have a custom outfit to go with the cool and awesome custom sabers they build!

become-jedi_500x96.jpg

Without further adieu:
    http://www.museumreplicas.com/becomeyourownjedi.aspx

And for those who want a youtube video intro to the builder:
    http://www.museumreplicas.com/g-38-b...-own-jedi.aspx

The boots are low-qual in the builder, but if you do a search for "boots" at the main site, they have several high qual styles and colors to fit any Jedi or sith's needs...

If you're not in the market for a costume or outfit at the moment, then it might just be great fun to experiment with different styles and colors anyway.

Your Friend,
    Christian "captain_mills" Mills
    aka Jedi Master Kro Mandar

Note: I do not work for or with Museum Replicas. Permission to post these links was granted by Strydur on 09/13/2012 via email. I don't know if this is worthy of a sticky, but it might be nice for passers-by to find this in the future. Besides, I've never had a post get stickied in any of the forums I frequently frequent...

Remember, your LED will ALWAYS look brighter in pics and vids... If you're not playing with it at night, it's not gonna impress you...

I came across this as well a couple of weeks ago. It's fun to play around with. Wish they had more color choices though.
    H - "Your shelter is secure, is it?"
    M - "Of course it is! See for yourself just how powerless you are!"
    H - "Roger that."
    M - O_O

At the risk of sounding cheap, are they serious about these prices? I can understand $30 for a quality saber pommel, but $200 for a robe? I look at that sideways. >_>

Without knowing the quality, yeah that does seem a bit high.

I put my Jedi costume together for about $200 total (edit: not counting the boots), and that was the outfit, additional $60 for a robe, a $10 belt (actually a decent one, thanks eBay), and various belt stuff (the "pen caps", covertec, WWII leather pouches from the local surplus). Surprisingly (or maybe not), after the main costume fabrics pieces, the most expensive part of mine (well, except the saber) was the boots. But then, I got nice leather biker boots online and I actually wear them occasionally outside of costuming.

A similar costume on that builder came out over $700.

For those interested, there's a topic on this on the Rebel Legion forums:
    http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40405

Basically, you're better off making it yourself, or having it tailor-made.

Official Owner of Skottsaber at Bowling

See...these people are just as picky as the SCA, as regards "period attire". That's not necessarily a bad thing; if the group agrees that everything should be screen-accurate, then that's their deal, and everyone applying should be ready to accept that. I don't care that much about being 100% accurate; just that it looks decent and is somewhat believable.

That's where I form my opinion. If there are going to be such high prices for the items, then I insist that the materials and construction techniques be of a similarly high value. From what I read of that thread, these costumes would be a one-way ticket to the poor house and, most probably, still wouldn't get you in.

I'm ok for paying a decent price for good quality wares. It seems like that's not what's happening with this particular manufacturer. I also agreed with the point made by one of the forum members (on the Rebel Legion site) about cheapening the hobby by selling completed goods. There isn't much of a good way to disguise mass-produced wares. When every Jedi at the event looks identical, that's not much to say for the uniqueness of this hobby.

As with all things, though, if you want it enough to pay the price, then it's not a waste (for you). I'll be looking for local materials and a pattern, myself. At least, then, if it's off, it will be my fault.

From what other Rebel Legion members have said after seeing those costumes in person at SDCC, they aren't worth what is being asked for them. If you know someone that can sew, it's best to have something made yourself. The rest of a Jedi costume, i.e. the belt and boots, can be found on places like ebay for much less with better quality as well.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I just want tunic and pants. I can buy the boots else where. :P Then I would make a Luke ROTJ style belt, just a thing of cloth.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

I'm starting to regret having posted this. Here I was thinking I was going to help, and I've started a "complaint" thread...

Dangit... Apparently "these aren't the droids you're looking for... Move along... Move along."

Remember, your LED will ALWAYS look brighter in pics and vids... If you're not playing with it at night, it's not gonna impress you...

My apologies, Captain. This was not my intent. I only stated my opinion, which, I'm sure, is not shared by everyone. I am by no means attempting to flame; just to say that I wouldn't shop there. I am definitely not trying to start a complaint thread.