Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Petit crouton wiring question

"Headers"?

Hmmmn. That's interesting. The petit crouton 2.0 I got from TCSS a few weeks ago came with several connections pre-soldered, and most of them were "through the hole". I had to fix the aux switch positive, which came undone, soldered that through the hole, wired up the second accent led, the ground pad was being a beach so I de-soldered that, forked the ground wire to take another wire, and soldered it through the hole too. Then I finished the R.i.c.e. port soldering, stuck it all in the hilt, and viola! It all works like a charm. I may not be the example of how to flawlessly build a saber, just sayin the petit crouton is pretty sturdy in my experience so far. It survived me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedWrath View Post
    "Headers"?
    Those pins sticking up off a circuit board that you plug cables onto are 'male headers'.

I'd include a pic if I weren't on my iPhone and hadn't just awoken. Do a google image search for male header. First link. That's what they are.

Edit: oops I used bent not straight. It's more compact that way.
    Last edited by Kevin Starwaster; 09-15-2012 at 06:34 PM.
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

I'm happy taking your word for it. I was just curious. I'm sure I'm fine with not running any part of "male header" through Google. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedWrath View Post
    I'm happy taking your word for it. I was just curious. I'm sure I'm fine with not running any part of "male header" through Google. >_>
    Uhm yikes! I didn't see it that way..... though FYI nothing unusual showed up in the results... though I do have safe search enabled :P
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.