Thread: My first build!! I proudly present the lightsaber of zahc zi phan!!

Cool My first build!! I proudly present the lightsaber of zahc zi phan!!

GOOD DAY AND MANY WELCOMES!! whoop, caps lock! after staring at parts for a week, I decided to put it all together last night and fire the badboy up. Holy schmoly this thing is sweet. I was going for a KOTOR kind of style, but slightly more advanced than would be commonly found back then. Couldn't be happier with how it turned out, hope you guys/gals like as much as I do! Oh and she needs a name, I was thinking about HARBINGER or JUGGERNAUT. Please feel free to suggest a name!
    Here are some build specs:

Deep Red Rebel (single die)
    Graflex style emitter
    7" fluted body (milled for box 14)
    MHS gear
    Pommel style 3 v2
    Petit crouton 2.0
    2w bass speaker
    Various chassis parts
    2x illuminated anti-vandals (complete with 1ohm 2w resistors)

Enough talk, time to SEEEE!!!

photo 4.jpgphoto 5.jpgphoto 6.jpgphoto 7.jpgphoto 8.jpg

still have to pull it back apart and wire up the R.I.C.E. port and second accent led, but close enough to go play with it for now!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!

Here's a few more pics

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpg

Congrats on your first saber! It's a really great feeling when you fire it up for the first time, isn't it? It never gets old.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Thanks SS! It really is! I couldn't have imagined it turning out like it did, I'm stunned. Everyone else in the house is annoyed with it already, sounded like I was taking on the clone army at midnight I'm sure!
    BTW: NOONE TOLD ME THE PC DID THE FORCE PUSH SOUND!!!! WHOAAAA! That was a very pleasant surprise!!

Looks really good Zahc!
    "A foolish man fights a fight he'll lose, and lose foolishly".

Turned out great! You planning on any paint or shroud? So much potential with a build like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahc Zi Phan View Post
    BTW: NOONE TOLD ME THE PC DID THE FORCE PUSH SOUND!!!! WHOAAAA! That was a very pleasant surprise!!
    LOL, I had the same reaction. It wasn't listed in the manual... I didn't find out until I saw someone do it on a sound font Youtube video. Took me forever to figure out the combo to trigger it!

Nice nice. I like how you let some of the light shine through the blade holder. Makes it more Sith looking. So you're a Sith then. I'm getting a Jedi saber done. :P Original render can be seen in the Parts thread if you want to check it out. I really like your design by the way.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Thanks trypwyr! Not planning any paint or shrouding as of now, I really like the elegant simplicity of this hilt, I figure it's probably going to get a couple of mild enhancements, but nothing too crazy As for the future however, I do have a VERY entailed project that I will be going crazy on. I have an old gutted lightech vt-900 that's going to get a wicked crystal chamber and a led engin (or whatever is better) sometime soon

Garcia: Thanks man! That's exactly what I was going for, I thought the light peeking through the top hole went quite well with the red dot vandal switch
    As for the Jedi/Sith thing, I think I would sit somewhere between them, perhaps grey? My choice of lightsaber color (IMO) reflects that I have a slightly more aggressive mentality than the average wielder. It's not common, but there are documented cases of red lightsabers used in light-side applications even.

Update: finished everything today, when I took those pictures, I still had to wire up the rice port and second accent led. Well, it's all done now and works like a charm. Probably entirely too much wire running around wild inside, but I'm not looking inside of it again anytime soon (hopefully), so I'm not worried about it.

PS: Wired up the rice port, with port ground pin going to battery negative pin on the recharge port (left board ground spot un-soldered). Rice works like a charm. Just thought I'd share for anyone curious about that method.