Thread: Hasbro obi saber upgrade with original soundcard and makoto's v3 blade

Default Hasbro obi saber upgrade with original soundcard and makoto's v3 blade

The current of the Hasbro soundcard is not too small,

so I do the birghtness test with original soundcard, battery packer and Li-ion battery of 18650.

2005 Anakin Skywalker ROTS

Obi Wan Kenobi ROTS with original soundcard
    -use Makoto's v3.1 blue blade
    -Li-ion battery of 18650

@.Compare:

Use original battery packer:

Use Li-ion battery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVvsE...5&feature=plcp

The Hasbro saber can brighter more then before when you use brighter LED strip blad end offer more current of battery.

More information:

http://blog.yam.com/marikoswork/article/54904114

So all you did was swap out the original led string with a Makoto V3 and it works? Was it on a MR fx or a ultimate fx? (or is there a difference?)

The saber pictured is a master replicas/Hasbro force FX, not the plastic toys found at Walmart, Target, etc.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I've been searching for months to find out if the ultimate fx toy sound board will stand up to a straight swap with a V3 led string. (I know nothing about electronics) The closest I've come is forum posts on ufx boards with Lux leds, or Makoto strings on MR/force fx. Have you ever heard about anyone who pulled it off? I've built a unique hilt that I want to put the ufx and v3 string in. It's for my first saber (wall hanger) not for duels, although I will eventually build one of those.

I doubt those boards could provide enough current for a makoto blade, but it could be possible. I'm not familiar with ufx boards, I've never used one, so someone that has may have to chime in. You might consider starting a topic about that yourself, it might he more responses.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I'll do that. Thanks for you help.