Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Xene's Bellicose rebuild (codename libertion of justice)

That was extermely helpfulZzan ^^ I will have to remember to do that~
    Actually on the note of the PC can it be used to drivea PLI?? I know Igniters can~If not Ill have to figure how to wire up mine~

The igniter has has 8 or 9 accent led pads which can be set to function as a PLI (you don't have to use all of them - it's configurable.) The PC has 2 accent LED pads, and the way they function is also configurable, but I don't remember seeing a PLI option, wouldn't be much of a PLI with only 2 LEDs though. Two very different sound cards, and in the case of the igniter you aren't technically "using" a PLI you are emulating one with accent LED's.

If you already have the PLI, you can wire it according to it's instructions to the power supply, not to the PC. The PC won't stop you from using a PLI, it just doesn't have one, or the ability to emulate one built in.

I thought that may be the case ^^ (and mine didnt come with instructions XD or even mush in the way of specifications~so im gonna have to talk to the guy at the store I got it from about resistors ect~)And thanks for the info on the switches ^^

Update ^^ finally have the switch holes and window cut out cleaning them up today ^^

update with pics

sorry about the delay in posting everyone, been hetic the last few weeks ^//^

2012-11-08-081931.jpg
    heres what it looked like after i dremeled out a window and drilled a switch hole, kinda rough ^^

2012-11-10-114905.jpg
    after cleaning up the edges

2012-11-23-080108.jpg
    after wet and drying the whole saber to get rid of the dings and scratches of my first dremeling attempt ^^ with buttons and led bar graph in ^^

2012-11-23-080215.jpg
    close up of it ^^

2012-11-23-080319.jpg
    how im going to hold the bar graph in place with the led

2012-11-26-123422.jpg
    and weathering! i really like how it turned out, i origionally was going for a well looked after look, but i lokied where it was going with the emitter scorches so much i decided to make it look as if itd been picked up off the battlefeild XD

any thoughts/critisims welcome ^^

Lookin good Xene....really diggin your chassis for the PLI.
    "A foolish man fights a fight he'll lose, and lose foolishly".

Lookin great so far Xene! Definitely agree with you on the emitter weathering.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

+1 on the weathering!
    And that bar graph chassis is inspiring, nice work
    Clicky Sig =>

Thanks for the comments everyone ^^

@Starwinder-if you think thats good wait till you see the pommel ;D (though Ill see if I can get a better camera first~)
    @schmoetech and Darth Ryo-I took a while to figure how I was gonna fit in a heatsink with it, but paitence paid off I think ^^

also to anyones who may be curious on how I did the weathering, i just used the drybrushing technique using a Tamyia (I think thats how its spelt) enamal paint called smoke, its a nick semi transparent grey that works well on aluminum as you need a few coats before it darkes a lot, and a little scorching using a lighter ^^