Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Xene's Bellicose rebuild (codename libertion of justice)

Default Xene's Bellicose rebuild (codename libertion of justice)

Just to make this clear to any mods who may have an itchy delete button finger~I have cleared this with Strydur (Tim) and he did say I could post this~

Anyways this is a complete rebuild of a Bellicose purchased from another site that I accidently fried..
    After said frying occured I decided to not just replace what was there but to completely overhaul the saber, inside and out I began by buying some parts from a local electronics store (A selection of LEDs,a bar graph LED and a illuminated switch (I realised later they were cheaper on TCSS XD))~

After which I did purchase the following from TCSS:

-Petie Crouton
    -2 watt Bass speaker
    -Speaker holder 4
    -a selection of chassis disks and rods

I apolagise that I cant post pics right this minute (on Library internet) but I will as soon as I can ^^

As for the outside of the saber Ive already had the entire thing sandblasted, am adding a homemade PLI and a second switch as well as maybe some cutouts~

Pics added ^^ I apolagise for the dodgy phone quality~ they are of the saber hilt before, the old (fried) electronics, some of the new electronics (waiting on shipping from TCSS ^^) and the saber as it currently stands

HNI_0022.JPGHNI_0023.JPGHNI_0026.JPGHNI_0027.JPG
    Last edited by Xene; 09-04-2012 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Added pics ^^

Lookin good!

kinda reminds me of a Force unleashed 2 starkiller saber minus the wrappings.

Wow, when you said stripped down you really meant it.

It does look like a starkiller promo (I am almost certain that that was the manufacturer intended) but I like the media blasted look. What are your thoughts on sound fonts and color schemes?

Great work so far, by the way. Retrofitting a saber is a great way to get into this hobby. I should know.

Yup ^^

And Im not totally sure on sound fonts as of yet, the PC I ordered comes with light meat so ill stick with that for a while~may even try doing my own (doubtable XD)~as for colout Im currently going for a warm white, but since the cool white version of the LED Im gonna use can be driven brighter Im probably gonna use that when I can be bothered to buy it

And thanks~I hope it works XD

@Koko Karma~Thanks I may be leather wrapping the bottem when Im done to see if it looks good ;D

Awesome project idea! I was definitely tempted to purchase that same saber before finding my way here. Definitely an "inspired by" design of Starkiller's TFU2 promo sabers (which i prefer over the ones that actually made it into the game).
    Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Thanks for the support everyone ^^

Anywho the parts from TCSS arrived yesterday thank you Tim ^^ (and express postage XD)

and here they are (swell some of them XD)
    TCSS parts
    HNI_0033.JPG
    All parts together~
    HNI_0034.JPG
    The selection of chassis disks and speaker holder
    HNI_0035.JPG
    HNI_0036.JPG
    the two illuminated switches one latching DPDT the other momentery SPST(I think~)(does this combo mean I wont get lockup??)
    HNI_0037.JPG
    Last edited by Xene; 09-11-2012 at 04:43 PM.

And the rest ^^

The speaker!!
    HNI_0038.JPG
    hopefully what will become a PLI~
    HNI_0039.JPG
    Experimental LED only 10mm wide bu apperantly the same lumen level as a SeoulP4
    HNI_0040.JPG
    And the Petite Crouton!!!!
    HNI_0041.JPG

Sooo excited to begin

Very cool. Good luck with that led, experimenting is always fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Xene View Post
    the two illuminated switches one latching DPDT the other momentery SPST(I think~)(does this combo mean I wont get lockup??)
    For the PC the main power can be either latching or momentary and controls the saber power on/power off
    The aux switch must be momentary and controls lockup, blaster block.

You should be fine with your setup as long as you set the setting in the config for the main switch to be latching.

The only thing you would probably not want to enable would be APOP which makes it so that you need to press both buttons to power the saber off to prevent accidental power offs with a momentary main switch.