Thread: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Default Star Wars: The Old Republic

Hey guys and gals! As I'm sure most of you know by now, The Old Republic is going F2P (Free to Play) in November. I'll probably get the game next month, as the original copy comes with 30 days free. The problem is, I searched minimum requirements and they all say either Windows Vista and Windows 7, or Windows Vista/Windows 7. The former meaning both and the latter meaning either or. Which one is it? I've seen walkthroughs of the game, and it looks really fun. Thanks!
    ====Darth Jared

It will run on XP, Vista and & 7, both 32 bit and 64 bit.

Here's a pic I found on the net. It's the Swedish box but the minimum system requirements are in English and are the same as the minimum system requirements on the US box (albeit, slightly worded differently).

http://www.gamersbook.com/repository...tent_large.jpg
    Last edited by ARKM; 09-03-2012 at 12:56 PM.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

So is this game ever going to be published for other gaming systems like PS3 or the Wii? Too bad if it isn't... hmm...

Remember, your LED will ALWAYS look brighter in pics and vids... If you're not playing with it at night, it's not gonna impress you...

Very few MMOs for PC are published for consoles, due to their complexity (consoles don't have nearly as many buttons as a keyboard, for instance). It would be published for macintosh before consoles, and I don't see that happening anywhere in the near future.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Check at local Gamestops to see if you can find the collectors edition cuz they dropped the price to $30.

Yeah, found a quite cheap Collector Edition here in France... at least that Darth Malgus statue is nice.
    Hope the game will survive tho, kinda still liking it
    Clicky Sig =>

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ryō View Post
    Yeah, found a quite cheap Collector Edition here in France... at least that Darth Malgus statue is nice.
    Hope the game will survive tho, kinda still liking it
    I think that's the point of making it Free-to-Play. Their player numbers have dropped drastically since the game was released. I think they're hoping making it free will help. They may be right, because from what I've seen, the game looks great!
    ====Darth Jared