Hey guys. Im about to start the construction of my first saber, and havent gotten a blade yet (have everything else) because I didnt think everything would ship so damn fast. My question is, I will be running a deep red rebel star (single die), and am confused at which blade/wrap/whatever to go with. I keep hearing things about trans white/trans being better, then comes talk about media/sanded/corbin/cellophane, thickwall/thinwall and so on and so forth. Maybe someone more experienced can help. This is what I want: I'm planning to run a length out of the hilt of about 30 inches. I want the blade to be as bright and even as possible, but dont neccesarily want to worry about getting lint inbetween layers of wrap/cellophane. I also do not want to dilute the color of the deep red rebel (I hear it looks awesome) more than absolutely neccesary. I would like to have a "coring effect" (like in the movies, white core, red "aura"), but if the blade is bright enough, I dont care that much honestly. Im not planning to do harcore dueling with it, and I understand that thin wall is very strong and brighter than thick. Also going with bullet tip, but I have some mylar to use for the tip (I hear the reflective disks suck).
If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it!!