Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hi TCSS team and Epic Sabre smiths

Default Hi TCSS team and Epic Sabre smiths

Hi-ho Neighbors, (Sorry i couldn't resist)
    Well after multiple years of lurking on the FX board and here, skull-drudgery, and research i think i am ready to build my Very first saber!
    Just a quick intro, My name is Drew, I'm 26, from FL with ties to the 501st and am currently working with the Prajai Squad as one of their Armor smiths, Building full custom Sith armor set(non-Cannon) for myself...I have a general working knowledge of electronics so i decided to go ahead and install a PC 2.0 in my first hilt...All of my parts are on the way and I am Uber excited to finally have "A more civilized weapon" Vs. a clunky E-11 ! I will be posting progress pics when I get started!

Thank you for allowing me into this large family(hopefully with open arms), I promise to try and keep my n00b questions to a bare minimum! Back to RESEARCH!!!!

Another builder from Florida, huh? Fantastic! Looking forward to your design(s).

Welcome to the board, bub. The aptly named Epic Saber Smiths here are more than helpful, so if you've got any questions, don't be afraid to ask
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

Welcome to the forums!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Welcome! With all the FL peeps, makes me wish we still lived in Orlando......

Guess it's time to move the shop again!

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Welcome! You'll have to show us some of your armour too.

Welcome to the boards! I trust you'll be able to find all the saber-related questions you may have here. Also, can we get a design of your saber along with some other specifics? I'm really interested to see what you've come up with! The first saber is always the best! Welcome!
    ====Darth Jared

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Welcome!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

welcome! i hope your ambition is only rivaled by your bank balance cause you WILL want to spend alot on this awesome hobby
    ....Don't fear the Reaper....
    ....He's just a Sith Lord that has lost his lightsaber....

Thanks for the Warm welcome...as far as the hilt is con concerned it should look something like this...SaberBuilder_render.jpgemmiter.JPG
    The Emitter blades will be mounted in between the the holes in the Blade holder and are going to be mounted with set screws double functioning as blade retention screws! After I get my parts I'll start the build thread!