Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jori's Saber, A Lightsaber of the Sith Empire Era by LDM/GG

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Arrow Jori's Saber, A Lightsaber of the Sith Empire Era by LDM/GG

The Lightsaber of Jori Daragon, A Scratch-Built Saber by LDM

As everyone knows, I like to do "themed" sabers and the Sith Empire/Great Hyperspace War Era make for a wonderful canvas. I based this saber on the following snippet:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_...he_Sith_Empire

Koros Major:

The Battle of Koros Major is fought between the army of Koros and the Sith Empire. Naga Sadow's focus is on the Battle of Coruscant, so he appoints his prisoner Gav Daragon as commander of the Koros Major invasion fleet. As the battle begins, Gav lands on the planet to look for his sister Jori, with a group of Massassi bodyguards.
    As Gav enters Aarrba the Hutt's repair dock, his bodyguards see the Hutt as a threat, and attack and kill him. Jori enters at that exact moment and attacks Gav with a lightsaber given to her by Odan-Urr, assuming he had killed Aarrba. Gav escapes and flees the planet, leaving Teta's men to battle the Sith to eventual victory.

So, what would this saber look like? I have already established a lexicon for my sabers from this era, so I went with that Bronzium Weathering is a must. For a "Rank and File" Jedi saber, simplicity is a must. No ostentatious blinkified Valenthyne Farfalla hilt here. It is supposed to be a tool, so lets go with some knurling. I also love clan-style emitters for thse, so I went with that too. This saber is a scratch build (no MHS parts, no prefab parts). I did take some remnants that I made and didn't use on previous projects, but I even modified those beyond recognition. The dimensions were meant to fit a woman, because I made the assumption that when Master Odan-Urr would have given Jori his off-hand saber rather than his primary weapon. The OD is 1.375" and the length is 10.25". It was built to be exceptionally durable and duel-worthy (although I never recommend such activity, nor do I warranty it ) I hope everyone enjoys the simplicity and what in my opinion is the elegance of this hilt.

Particulars:
    Scratch Machined Hilt
    Crystal Shard v1 with Sekrogue1985's "Brawler"
    3.7V Li-ion w/2.1mm recharge/kill in pommel
    Blue-Ring AV Switch
    Bronzium Weathering, Triple Baked
    Sky-Blue LED with Red FoC

The BMT:

The Glams:

The Detail and FoC:

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

You're clan style emitters are some of my favorite things to see on a custom saber. Very very cool, General.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    You're clan style emitters are some of my favorite things to see on a custom saber. Very very cool, General.
    Thank you very much!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

I love the colors on this saber and how you weathered it. It certainly looks aged and like a saber passed down from generation to generation. Nicely done as always. ^_^

stop building things I wanT!!!!!!!! epics! perfect for BRAWLER! If you ever need anything new mixed for one of my pre-existing fonts let me know I'll be happy to hook you up. Heck give me enough time I can surely come up with something new if need be but give me time for that. New job, new work load, sadly a bit less time at home.
    Last edited by sekrogue1985; 08-28-2012 at 02:56 PM.
    ...YUP!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Fox View Post
    I love the colors on this saber and how you weathered it. It certainly looks aged and like a saber passed down from generation to generation. Nicely done as always. ^_^
    Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by sekrogue1985 View Post
    stop building things I wanT!!!!!!!! epics! perfect for BRAWLER! If you ever need anything new mixed for one of my pre-existing fonts let me know I'll be happy to hook you up. Heck give me enough time I can surely come up with something new if need be but give me time for that. New job, new work load, sadly a bit less time at home.
    LOL, I'm just glad I did that sweet font justice

Your archeologic sabers line always amazes me. The colour and rust fit perfectly with the old vintage look of the hilt, very simple and functional. No fancy stuff, and a strong backup story....I like it

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Doon View Post
    Your archeologic sabers line always amazes me. The colour and rust fit perfectly with the old vintage look of the hilt, very simple and functional. No fancy stuff, and a strong backup story....I like it
    Thank you Sir!

Really nice when I first saw it I thought it was a Mag-lite build that was highly moded, but really nice for a complete custom!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by JRD1 View Post
    Really nice when I first saw it I thought it was a Mag-lite build that was highly moded, but really nice for a complete custom!
    Thank you.