Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The K.B. Saber

Cool The K.B. Saber

So, many moons ago, I did some saber designs in Lightwave that I thought would be a bit of a challenge to build.

Well... it took some time, but here is the K.B. Built by DoClo. There are minor differences but it did stay true to the design. If you're going to the convention then you will get to see it in person if you meet him.

I wasn't going to share pics of this one but I thought it was too good not to. ^_^

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Congratulations! I am glad to see you get another dream saber built. Don did a beautiful job.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Actually, this is Don's. Most of the sabers I design I dont see ever being built. They are just my imagination at work. Don said he was actually going to keep this one.
    I couldn't tell you what is in it beyond that it's EL and tri-rebel.

I'd like to get back into doing designs but I dont have the time to work on my models these days.

Superb design, and thumbs up to Doclo. I still don't know how he acheived such windowed rings... Superb again

Very impressive. It looks like he used the EL wire to make the illuminated rings.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Beautiful saber and the renderings are just stunning.

Impressive indeed, excellent curves!
    I wonder how those rings are lit on the body looks so cool!
    Clicky Sig =>

Cool.... My guess is the EL wire is fit into lathed grooves. It does give the illusion the slots are cut through.

that's one of the coolest sabers I have ever seen!
    Impressive!
    A view more pictures would be nice

Thank you for your comments.
    When DoClo gets back from the convention I will ask him for more photos. I think it uses an Ultra Sabers sound board with its own custom fonts too. But i will see if i can get the specs tonight. There is another saber in the works that will feature the lit ridges and uses a Makototsai blade. It's almost done, and I will post pics when it's finished.