Thread: MHS design and many questions...

Default MHS design and many questions...

I've finally gotten around to making a design on the MHS builder.
    photo-55.png
    My main concern is the interior diameter. As most of the hilt is made of chokes, i worry about fitting the batteries and my soundcard. What is the ID of the chokes?
    I'm guessing i'll have to put the power switch on the pommel, as i really cant figure out where to put it on the hilt itself. I was hoping to be able to have a charge port on the pommel, but i just cant see how to fit it in. (dont really want to go the kill-key route, i just KNOW i'll lose that little thing)
    I'd also take any suggestions about 'dressing up' this design (like what i could do to make it look a little less plain-jane). I'm going for a look of deadly elegance, like a predator. It will be a sith saber, obviously . I do want to keep it rather simple though.

Which sound card will you be using? I modeled this design in my cad software... and I can get a 14500 Li-ion stick pack in that long choke; I don't have the PCB modeled yet but I think it would still work. I put the speaker in the V2 holder held in by the pommel; you'd have to chop the back out of it, though, with a recharge port in the pommel. All that said, then the question comes back to the sound card - I used a Petit Crouton2 and a 4" extension, figuring some room for switches in the space in front of the pc2. I don't know how LDM did it with this one, but it obviously can be done:http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...hieftain-Saber My model came in at about 14-1/2" long, and accessing the SD card would be a real pain. When the Nano's come out... they may change that equation. Hope it helps.

I doubt very seriously you could get a soundboard in that design. Both those chokes have an inside diameter of .8". There is a very small amount at the female end where there is a bevel from .8" out to the 1.25" id of other MHS parts, but not enough to put a sound card in. The only piece you have that actually has a 1.25" inner diameter is the DF12 (1.2" double female) between the chokes and iy will only give you about .4" of 1.25" diameter. I have never seen a Yoda board in person so I do not know if it will fit this small or not, but I would say probably not. Plus, you have extremely limited space for a battery pack. ou could do a stunt saber, but a sound saber might be a tough one with that design.

I believe the soundcard is a 2004 obi-wan feel the force. I'm not completely sure, as i got the toy that contained it for a dollar in a flea market.
    photo-41.jpg
    Did you mean this battery pack, amwolf? http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/74...Pack-P726.aspx
    The extension i used in the design was only 1.2", the overall length was about 11 1/2"... I was trying to keep it sonewhat small for my thin lady hands . But if that wouldnt work i suppose i could use a larger extension.
    Uhm... Excuse my ignorance, but what is a V2 holder?
    Last edited by Aziara; 08-21-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Yes to the battery I was thinking of, but I don't know that sound card so the battery requirements will definitely change. Quick search turned up http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...iring-Diagrams and http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...wan+feel+force

As for the speaker holder, I meant this one: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MH...t-V2-P314.aspx

i know for a fact that some of the economy boards will fit into a choke. the ones that i know of are the obi-wan, mace windu, and the qui-gon boards. these are out of the hasbro electronic sabers that usually cost about $20. also, if you really want a switch somewhere other than in the pommel just use a 2" extention and have an AV switch hole drilled in and pick out a short AV switch. OR use the little round tactile switch. i have one of those in a choke right now and it does not get in the way at all, just be careful installing them
    Last edited by clahey83; 08-21-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Well, i am 99% sure it is the economy Obi-wan board i have. The saber itself was obviously Obi-wan's, and the pictures of the board looks just like it. I just measured it, and it is 2" long and 15/16" wide. It will fit down easily into a PVC pipe that is about 1" ID (it is the perfect size for a 1" blade, if that helps. So the same size as the inside of a bladeholder)
    And i likely will have to use a 2" extender instead of the little 1.2". Those red ring short AVs are really epic
    The battery setup i have currently is three AAAs in a cylinder (innards of a cheap flashlight). It also slides easily inside the PVC.
    I was trying to make a PVC saber, but the result is a little underwhelming

It all falls down to how big your board is. I BARELY fit my vader into a standard width piece.
    Honey, you've been looking for love in Alderaan places!