Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coil by Yoshi-Taka

Default Coil by Yoshi-Taka

Not my first saber but still one I wanted to show off. I finally understand the addiction behind building lightsabers, lol.

SPECS:
    -MHS parts
    -Novasound Neutrino board
    -Seoul P4 LED (red)
    -TCSS Premium Speaker
    -In-pommel recharge
    -4 NiMH AA batteries
    -Covertec wheel
    -8-32 set screw (blade holder)
    -Random kill key that I grabbed from my spares
    -And not a fancy thing about it

My builds strive for low-to-mid budget and simplicity (I'm a practicing Jedi after all) and while there's plenty of curves, it's still fairly simple in design. It was inspired by, and named after, a snake that roams about my yard. Ironically, the blade looks blood red in person and it's soooo pretty..

I like it - an excellent example of KISS theory (keep it simple, stupid). Plenty of room for visual enhancement later if you so want, but doesn't need any if you don't.

Thank you. That's my philosophy in all my builds. Ideally, I want all those grooves to be powder coated black in the future, so I might do that later on.

Very nice. I like anything with a red blade and the simple design looks classy. well done
    ....Don't fear the Reaper....
    ....He's just a Sith Lord that has lost his lightsaber....

Thank you. Classy was definitely not the first term that came to mind when I designed it, lol.

Very snazzy. She looks even better in video. And by snazzy, I mean subtle, of course. Because those two words mean the same thing....I'm pretty sure....

Anyway, I dig it. My parts are on order for my first saber, and I tried to keep it as simple as possible, while still having some sort of personality.

As a wise Jedi master once said, "Adventure? Excitement? Fancy Shmancy Lightsabers? A Jedi craves not these things..."
    Last edited by MandoJoe; 08-17-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Yep, definitely have the exact same meaning in every context always.

I love simplicity. I mean, major kudos to builders like LDM who make incredible and very detailed sabers.. but I like simplicity and practicality. I build as if I were going to actually use it in battle. Coil reflects this, I think. My first lightsaber is even simpler than this one, but I'm not gonna post it. But thank you. I'm glad you like it. I love this saber.

Come on post the other saber we want to see!
    "If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal."

Quote Originally Posted by Dahi Esmeva View Post
    Come on post the other saber we want to see!
    Seconded. I'm very interested to see what else you've done/can do.

Alright fine, I'll post my first saber later.