Hello Saber World!
I'm a noob to electronic saber building, but not to hilt builds. I've been converting Graflex, Heiland and MPPs for about 15 years. It wasn't until recently that I began installing electronics and blades--thanks to the onslaught of readily available parts.
Right now, I've got 3 builds on the bench: Vader ANH, Luke ESB and Yoda ROTS. I just finished the PCB wiring on the Yoda and I'm now making a suitable blade holder and switch. I'm NOT spending $40.00 for a friggin' 1:12 scale 1967 Corvette kit just for the switch part....lol.
I'll be posting a progress thread on it soon with pics. Just as a teaser, here's what I'm using:
1. Bolsey #2 flashgun--can't find a Praco.
2. Novasound board.
3. 3/4" thin walled clear blade from the shop and round tip with reflector.
4. Premium speaker from the shop.
5. 1" to 3/4" reducer from the shop (will double as part of the blade holder).
6. Tactile switch with green illuminated cap--looks really cool.
Anyway--glad to have found this place, and looking forward to getting to know everyone.
I'll also add that SlothFurnace was the inspiration for getting into the electronics side of the hobby. I stumbled upon his website and was floored by the attention to detail.
I'm no stranger to electronics, as I build guitar effect. I just need to apply that knowledge to sabers.
Last edited by AlaskaBat; 08-17-2012 at 11:33 AM.
LIGHTSABER=to hack, swing, slash, slice, dice and dismember limbs!