Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best way to get a purple blade?

I just wired a LEDengin red and blue in series with a PC. I can see how it could be described as violet, yet I think a more flattering description is magenta. Still more of a redish purple then most may want. But I really like it. It's Purdy!

Sounds to me like royal blue and deep red might be more of a grape or that medium purple I'm guessing most may prefer. Hmm....curious.

I would surely love to see some pics of the wonderful mixes of purple blades you folks are coming up with, along with descriptions of what you did to get that specific shade. Anyone else think this might be helpful? Being a dude, I'm not quite jiving with the descriptions of the colors themselves

Remember, your LED will ALWAYS look brighter in pics and vids... If you're not playing with it at night, it's not gonna impress you...

I'm with captain_mills. Pictures and wiring diagrams would be rad, especially for those of us who really wanna have purple and pink blades.

Yes. I want a pink lightsaber. More than anything else, I want a pink lightsaber.

A white blade with no diffuser, using a red or pink color disk actually gives a very lovely shade, Yoshi.
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

If you go to my build thread you can see my blade.
    I didn't put a resistor on the red and it makes a pinkish color.
    But I want purple, so I am going to resist it.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...er-build/page2

Council Member
    Jedi Master

The problem with the "magic pill, just show me what you did to get that color" method is that there are too many variables in setups for them to work all the time. You'd have to build the exact saber as someone else with the exact power supply, lens, soundboard, LED etc to be able to do that and even then, batteries and LEDs vary. Even on sabers like our entry level line that we have done hundreds of, I have to change what resistors we use occasionally as there will be a variance in the LEDs that we get.

There are many, MANY posts here that detail the basics of color mixing. If you're willing to just put a little time in, you can get any color you want with any set up.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Fender,

Thank you. I wasn't expecting a myriad of different wiring setups. I just got very intrigued with all the various shades of purple everyone was talking about so I thought it would be cool to see them. I'm a green-kinda-guy, and will be most interested in green sabers. I have no desire to build a purple blade. However, it's my wife's fav color, and so when she sits next to me in the evening and looks over my shoulder at all the cool sabers you awesome people build, I thought it would be neat to show her (and to see myself) some of the different purples that you folks have come up with. I know others suggested listing all the different combinations (that would be near impossible to duplicate ~ I'm a physicist and I have a pretty good knowledge of how a circuit works and what affects one ), but I just wanted to see the ones everyone had already put together.

That's all I was suggesting...

Remember, your LED will ALWAYS look brighter in pics and vids... If you're not playing with it at night, it's not gonna impress you...