Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clan Bane, Chieftain Saber

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Arrow Clan Bane, Chieftain Saber

Clan Bane, Chieftain Saber

A new series, yep lets call it that. Everyone knows that I have been building a bunch of Clan sabers lately. Many also know that Darth Bane is my favorite Sith Lord. Since his canon saber is a Clan-style saber anyways, I figured that I would create the mythos of Lord Bane's clan (descended from a tryst between Darth Bane and a full-blooded sith female) and what their sabers would look like a Millennium later. This is the first of those sabers. It is meant to be the saber wielded by the Chieftain of the tribe.

This saber has the size of Bane's saber (12.5" Long), but has inlaid brass mesh and diamond grill grips. The accents are all in brass. The grip also has a wonderful knurled ringed section for the bottom hand. The switches are recessed brass "Madcow-style" plungers set in a milled MLS-style unit. For color, well I didn't want to go classic red. I figured that over time, the Dark Side would have twisted the synthetic force crystals used by the tribe and the would appear "dirty" so I went with Orange. It is a perfect orange too (no color separation at all). FoC is white. Well, I think that about covers it.

Particulars:
    PCv2.0 with "Remnant" by Nightstorm
    LEDEngin RGBW (Orange Blade, White FoC)
    7.4V (14670) Li-ion w/recharge/kill in pommel
    Orange and White Crystal Pommel
    Machined Resonance/CP chamber
    2W HO speaker
    Machined brass accents (switch plungers)
    Inlaid brass mesh and diamond aluminum hilt
    Knurled grips

The BMT:

The Glams:

FoC:

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Very nice!
    "A foolish man fights a fight he'll lose, and lose foolishly".

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thanks.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

Please stop making sabers, you're making the rest of us look bad
    Honey, you've been looking for love in Alderaan places!

The mesh is by far my favourite part of this saber. It looks amazing.

Yet another amazing saber, sir. Wish I had even a smidgeon of your skill...

Looks really good. I like the "madcow" type switches (at least it looks like it from the pics).
    The mesh adds a very nice depth to it.
    Yub Yub Commander.

Looks nice.
    "If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal."

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthammer View Post
    Looks really good. I like the "madcow" type switches (at least it looks like it from the pics).
    The mesh adds a very nice depth to it.
    Indeed they are similar. I explain it in the video Thanks fellas!

That mesh grip is awesome! I have to wonder about the seams though and how you pulled it off or got around it sinse the bottom side isn't visible in your pics. Too bad you get red/pink/purple instead of orange on cam. Kinda odd that it's the opposite red/orange photo issue that usually occurs.