Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Madmaxx presents his Opus

"Hot dam!" That is a pure Old Republic design and I LOVE IT!! Nice work.

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    Wow. My jaw just hit the floor. This is a spectacular piece. Many, many kudos to you, sir.
    +1 to this. This is an awesome build.

that's a really nice saber, the overall look is just sweet.

That is an absolutely gorgeous saber. Could you put up a link to the sword etching tutorial you mentioned (assuing that the board rules permit it)? Thanks!

Johannes

Nice saber. The etching looks great.

Johannes, I posted a saltwater etching tutorial on this forum some time ago. It might be of some help. Here's the link...

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ching-Tutorial

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Like everyone else, I am most amazed by the etching. Not that the process is difficult to do, but how awesome it looks on this saber... very cool!

Remember, your LED will ALWAYS look brighter in pics and vids... If you're not playing with it at night, it's not gonna impress you...

Great googly moogly... that's totally sweet! Beautiful work on the leather wrap too.

Nice saber. I think it looks awesome in purple.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

ARKM is right. It was his tutorial on salt water etching and that spurred my research and gave me the idea for the etched shrouds so i owe ARKM a note of thanks..Thanks ARKM. It just shows that no matter how many times you read through the forums on this site,you always find something new to think about! I love this hobby

Thanks. I'm glad it was of some help.

I am looking for new tips and techniques to better my etching skills. As such, I have some questions about how you did your etching. In one of the pics you posted, it looks like there are two coat hanger rods in the saltwater, each with their own negative lead. Is that correct? Also, does the coat hanger rod just go straight down into the water or did you shape it any way to encircle the part being etched?

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."