Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Madmaxx presents his Opus

There's a difference between knowing the path.....and walking the path.

Just pure awesome. Can you link to the site where you learned how to do the etching?

AWESOME is just the beginning of how i feel about this bad boy!!!! I GOT to copy this saber in some way! I got to have it!!!! MAAAN!!! that's SICK!!!!

I looked at afew sites for etching info, apart from the 2 or 3 tutorials on here I found some useful info at http://www.navaching.com/forge/etching.html .There is also a method for small projects at http://forums.dfoggknives.com/index.php?showtopic=17602 . I tried this as a test first and it works surpriseing well and due to the control you have very fast but is only good for small jobs as i said. Hope these help
    ....Don't fear the Reaper....
    ....He's just a Sith Lord that has lost his lightsaber....

A beautiful saber, and thoroughly educational. I think you may have inspired many potential etchers today!

That is absolutely amazing, as much as I can't STAND that blade holder (even In ToR I hate it), you did it justice.

I'm defiantly convinced, I have to try out that etching.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I love the Artistic feel associated with this saber build. very good work man!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Thanks everyone for the awesome comments you have left for me! lol i am stokked that something I have done has impressed so many people whom I consider to be Sabersmiths in every sense of the word.It makes me happy to know that my work is getting better everytime i build a saber but i think this 'Opus' will be my last for a while....the wife will kill me if i funnel anymore funds into this for now lol.I do plan of making a stand for the five sabers i now have so at least i will have something to do. I will post afew pics of that when its done.It will be a vertical spiral that holds the sabers upright in the order that i built them i think...now that will be fun
    ....Don't fear the Reaper....
    ....He's just a Sith Lord that has lost his lightsaber....

That is one ***y saber. I never thought of etching for a saber.
    _____________,.~-{o}-~.,____________

Nicely done.
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.