Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Madmaxx presents his Opus

This is an awesome saber. IMPRESSIVE. Thanks to share this technique with us

Congratulations again, gold medal

Hoo wee doggy, that dun there is a perty little thing you don got an dur made. I tell yer, youm city boys sure know how to live it up. Perty, just plain perty.

Great work

I kept forgetting to post a reply, but I didn't this time! This is stunning. I've got all the parts for putting my saber together, I've just been trying to make the time to do so. What's been holding me back has been the design for the salt-water etching I was going to do. Seeing the etching done, especially as well done as this, is making me want to get off my duff and finally get mine together.
    My favorite color may be red, but my lightsaber will always be true blue.

The etching was all done free hand with a nail polish brush.... So that should tell you how easy it was.i didn't have a real design I just let the brush free on its own
    ....Don't fear the Reaper....
    ....He's just a Sith Lord that has lost his lightsaber....

Quote Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
    The etching was all done free hand with a nail polish brush.... So that should tell you how easy it was.i didn't have a real design I just let the brush free on its own
    The design was always there, on the hilt. All you did was etch away anything that didn't belong, eh?

(paraphrasing the old bit about carving an elephant out of a block of stone...)
    The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

Lol that's about the size of it yes

Nice job. I'll have to give it a go myself. I'm guessing you went with the submerged, larger battery version correct?

Sounds to me like letting the tools do the type work they do well naturally.

thanks Crystal and yes the submerged version was my choice....It was like watching grass grow but i had never heard of the idea before and was surprised at the ease it was to do.A great example of trying new things i guess

double posting......man i love this saber!!!!!!!!!
    "A foolish man fights a fight he'll lose, and lose foolishly".

Hello good Sir, Props on a beafitul saber. I was curious as to the technique you used to weather your etching.