Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What Hasbro sound board do you use and why did you pick it

Quote Originally Posted by Madcow
    I "upgraded" my Hasbro Vader by switching the clash sensor to the swoosh circut, and clipping the motion sensor off - end result is... no sound on motion (was unreliable anyways), and the motion sound (swoosh) now happens on clash with no flashing on and off. Way better.
    It still flashes on power up and power down - nothing to be done about that.
    I'm curious to see how you did that, Madcow. Did you actually solder the clash sensor to the swoosh circuit on the board itself, or just bridge the wires together? Sounds like you found a good workaround to the hideous FOC problem.

My stuff from Tim will be here on Tuesday, so I'll finally be able to experiment with my Sith Hasbro boards. I'm curious to know if the one that I flat-out chopped off the clash sensor will work or if doing that will cause a short. I don't know if I can leave the clash circuit wires sitting loose or if I'll have to loop them.
    Red 3 standing by

It's super easy...
    Step 1. Clip the clash sensor right off and put elec. tape on the two wires coming from the board where it was.
    Step 2. Un-solder the motion sensor from the wires (not from the board), and solder the old clash sensor onto those two wires... voila.

MC

It is, however, impossible to disable the FOC while keeping everything else stock. I know, I tried, I mysteriously lost some hair.

Red 6 Standing By

The anakin color change saber sound board is the only hasbro sound board that does not have the flash on clash effect. The only problem is it is a larger sond board that is 1 3/8 inches wide.
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

i just pulled the guts out of a new "spring action saber" from hasbro. i like the sound board much better than the older hasbro sabers. it does have the "flash on clash" that alot of people seem to have a problem with around here....but it dosn't bother me. also the way that the whole thing is wired together makes for easy instalation into any saber hilt. if you're starting a new project i'd recomend trying out the sound board from the "spring action saber"

Ryma Mara

Intresting read, one question?

How would one go about wanting the movie sounds and light effects.

Would you use
    Corbins board and MR sound?
    Guts from a MR?
    Corbins board and hasbro sound?

But again Iam unknown as to which hasbro boards to even look at, the new ones or the really old ones from when star wars was special editioned?

as for any inbetween I wouldent know where to even look for them or if they changed much.

Havent looked at the hasbro sabers in a long time so would the box tell you what movie they came from?

Right now the best option is Corbin's and the MR sound board.

erv is working on an All-In-One that is anticipated to be the best way to go. (see "Custom" in the Sound forum) It will have adjustable flickering, customizable sounds, power level warning light, vibration motor control...
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

Ryma Mara

I was looking at corbins site and hes got that "motor" looking thing that poduces the hum.

I was wandering about that is anyone uses it?

And one thing that bugs me....would it be "easy" to hae it all on one switch, or maybe ian thinking this wrong.