• Blue

4 14.81%
  • Green

8 29.63%
  • Red

15 55.56%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Build Log: First MHS saber

Thanks for the compliments guys! As far as pics of the chasis, I didn't take any. I was too focused on getting her back together. Luckily, version 2.0 is much easier to remove than the first one. I'll take her all the way apart and grab some pics in the morning.
    Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures. -Ash /Army of Darkness

Version 1.0, econo board. Just thrown together in excitement.

Version 2.0 in pieces:

Here is a pick of an unmodified speaker holder next to the one I made to fit inside the chassis:

I made a square adapter out of sheet metal in order to attach the speaker holder up to a dremmel tool, and use a file on the outside edge:

To get this result on the profile:

Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures. -Ash /Army of Darkness

Li-Ion battery in some cut and filed chassis parts from the saber shop:

Inside new sleeve:

Speaker attached:

Next comes the board, wrapped in electrical tape to prevent grounding on the metal chassis:

Now to plug everything in:

Thanks for the photos

Interesting and nicely done!
    (I'll keep in mind that idea about modifying the speaker holder )
    Clicky Sig =>

hey MAV looks good, quick question how does the metal chassis feel in saber? i used pvc myself, would be worried that there would be too much play in hilt causing metal to rub wires! if its nice and snug i'll just shut my mouth (just don't want anything bad to happen). besides that looks good.
    "A foolish man fights a fight he'll lose, and lose foolishly".

Very very nice saber. Beautiful workmanship from TCSS as well. I was wondering where you got your internal metal sleeve? Thanx.

if i'm looking at it correctly.....i would say sinktube?
    "A foolish man fights a fight he'll lose, and lose foolishly".

Making my little nerd heart happy to see the 1701 in the background there. And is that a Saitek Joystick I see?

Also, now that I'm done admiring your other stuff, great looking chassis.
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

The metal chassis works out beautifully. I used some 1.25" sink tube that has a brushed nickel plated finish. I tried out 2 different brands, and one had a bit more play in it than the other. The speaker holder and the screw for the cover-tech clip holds everything in place very securely. Has a nice solid feel.

And yeah, that is a rather dusty Saitek Joystick in the corner. My mouse and keyboard are of the Cyborg line. I find them incredibly helpful. Not just while gaming, but also for running commands and fine detailing in drafting programs such as CATIA V5 and Inventor.