Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: G.O.T.H. 1st Saber - Red Shadow (starting)

I'd say "as soon as I get the parts from TCSS". My cart is almost complete except for Powder Coating and a few custom services.
    I'm also very eager to start manipulating things

Still, not in a hurry, I'll be back from vacations end of this week. This is when I'll really get into solder practice
    Clicky Sig =>

Small update, order for parts is now placed on TCSS Store, yay!!
    I'll post my part list later just for reference.
    Clicky Sig =>

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

BOOYAH! You go, boi! That's gonna be a fine looking staff.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Finally, TCSS package arrived yesterday, YAY
    I must say it is hard to describe the joy to put my hands on those parts for the first time (now I know why it's also getting addictive hehe )
    Tons of thanks to Tim, it looks perfect to me, very nice crafting services and powder coating.

Here is a few pictures (i'll do some closer shots of the custom MHS parts by Tim and will post them in the due galery section) :

- Unpacking took quite a time... just to enjoy every part of it.

- Here is the barebone assembled

- Now a first example, of course the shroud still need to be planned (I put my Maul staff side to it as reference). And I'm not yet decided on the thumb screws position...
    BTW, the alignment isn't fully done on these photos, the part are being loose on purpose until the saber reach completion.

- And the question I needed to answer right away, will there be enough room in the center section?
    By the look of it, should be possible.

Now, I'm kinda late on solder practice (lots of things to do, plus my attic is getting quite cold)... but I will start with the pvc chassis and solder the battery pack asap. Not really in a hurry btw, so might take a while, but I hope to give some progress soon.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Darth Ryo; 11-30-2012 at 09:22 AM.
    Clicky Sig =>

Hey looking good. And that is one HELL of a lot of toys I'm seeing in the background!!

jealousy rearing its ugly head....

The lightsaber hilt is capable of producing a blade of pure energy. The lightsaber hilt has proven to be completely safe. The saber blade however has not. Do not touch the operational end of the saber blade. Do not look directly at the operational end of the saber blade. Do not immerse the saber blade into your flesh, not even partially.

Thanks

(that's too many toys for a grown man I've been told )
    Clicky Sig =>

I plan to make a double-bladed saber soon so I'll be following you quite closely for reference. Keep up the good work and good luck on your build; so far so good.
    Honey, you've been looking for love in Alderaan places!

lovin it so far.....
    "A foolish man fights a fight he'll lose, and lose foolishly".

Thanks again guys!

Let's show some progress on this then, been quite a while but I'm slow builder that like to take his time (and also very busy lol)

So I like to see build pics very much (always inspiring to see how people manage them), that's why I'm gonna post a "little few"...
    hope that won't be too much

So I started soldering the battery pack:

Here is a try of what would be the chassis, made with paper tube:

And voilą the actual chassis made of PVC tube:

With black paint, even if it will be reworked later, looking cooler :P

The chasis hold just fine inside the center section and is cut to welcome the thiner ribbed extensions (cuts will be reworked later on):

And with the speaker glued to it:

Igniter and TruColor boards will be in the center section, very tight fit but still manageable:

Following pics are what I've done with the activation box and short switch (which has a sanded bezel to leave a bit more room inside, thanks a lot to Johannes Huber for that very nice idea, plus I like the look of it once painted):

And it's a GO for testing phase:

Now I've to finish testing and configuring the soundboard, then I'll be up to some custom shroud works

Thanks for watching
    Last edited by Darth Ryo; 01-21-2013 at 09:07 AM.
    Clicky Sig =>

This saber is going to be epic when its complete!!!!
    "A foolish man fights a fight he'll lose, and lose foolishly".