Thread: Pommel insert installation question.

Default Pommel insert installation question.

Ok kinda new to this, so not sure if this is the correct place to putthis question. Can anyone tell me how to install an insert into one of the modular pommels? I have a d-ring insert, the pommel in question, and the retention doohicky, but i am unfamiliar with the method that the three are assembled with, and i dont want to jump into this headlong for fear of forcing/breaking something.

Blog Entries

You can pick up a c-clip tool at Home Depot or similar places. The tool looks something like this The c-clip goes down inside the pommel with the pommel insert firmly in place. There is a right way and a wrong way for the c-clip to go in. You'll know if you put it in and there's wiggle in the pommel insert, just take it out flip it over and put it back in.

If you're talking about pommel insert 12, I believe you'll have to remove the d-ring part before it fits into the pommel. You'll re-attach it afterwards. The c-clip tool that Lucien was talking about is called Snap-Ring Pliers. You'll be able to find a pair at most any hardware store. Other tools will work in a pinch, but be sure to wear eye protection. If the c-clip slips loose during installation, it can fly with a surprising amount of force.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    If you're talking about pommel insert 12, I believe you'll have to remove the d-ring part before it fits into the pommel. You'll re-attach it afterwards. The c-clip tool that Lucien was talking about is called Snap-Ring Pliers. You'll be able to find a pair at most any hardware store. Other tools will work in a pinch, but be sure to wear eye protection. If the c-clip slips loose during installation, it can fly with a surprising amount of force.
    Right!?!! I've had fun with that one... and then of course the "where did it go?" moment afterwards.... Right... neighbor's yard LOL.