Hai there everybody!
I'm living in the Netherlands and after thinking long about it I have decided to build my own lightsaber with parts from TCSS. Problem is that since I live so far away, I want to buy all the right items in one go as shipping costs are pretty high for me.
I want to build a saber to go with my Sith costume. I'm pretty familiar with the parts for the hilt, but I'm still not sure about the electronics. Especially since I want to make something special from it.
I have decided to build a red LED saber with a 16mm Anti Vandal Latching Red Ring Switch, a driver board (for the light effects) and to probably go for a 4 battery pack.
Parts I have already chosen for the hilt are:
- 7" Fluted body
- Ribbed / Choke Combo extension
- Screw on LED blade holder style 1 blade holder (with heatsink adapter (don't know if I need it though))
- MPS Pommel style 3 v1 pommel with MPS insert style 12 (when available again) and MPS clip
This is what I know I need at least for the body, but I don't know what else I need, what I need to make the Anti Vandal switch work correctly and how the driver board works exactly.
I was wondering if there are people on this forum who could help me complete my list of items I need and give me advice about building my saber with the driver board en switch.