Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ledengin Deep red 10 W full powah? FoC? 3 dice?, using 3 X 17670's

Default Ledengin Deep red 10 W full powah? FoC? 3 dice?, using 3 X 17670's

Option 1: 4 Dice @1000ma
    So im about to change my configuration to 4 dice using a Pex with my PC2.0. I will wire the 4 dies in series using 1000 ma to drive the leds... The total voltage needed is around 10.4v so 3 batteries will do (11.1v) or not?. also in my current hilt there is no room to fit the 18650's side by side. This is why im going to get the 17670's.

Option 2: FoC
    I dont care much for the FoC feature because i do not duel. But in case i would want to have it, do you guys see any problem if I wire the led dice 3 in series for the main LEd (connected to the led drive from the PC2.0) and one die for FoC using pex?

Option 3:Full powah on 3 dice?
    Wire 3 dice in series run them @ 1500ma (2.84v X3 = 8.5V) from the PC2.0 board directly.

What would you guys do?

I'm not an expert but im very familiar with electronics, just not so sure about which option to take.

ohh one more thing, is there a PCB circuit for 3X3.7v = 11.1V?

Thanks.

One more question, the PC 2.0 says: Power supply: 5.5 to 11 V / 2.5A if 3 batteries in series go as much as 12.6v can this damage the board?

Yes, it will damage the board to go over the max voltage. The user manual also highly recomends only using 2 cells.

Since you're not particularly interested in FoC, you could wire up the LEDEngin using a seriallel setup. Wire two dice in series, and then wire the other two dice in series. Connect both sets together in parallel to the PC2.0 and run it at 2000 mA. Each set will get 1000 mA, and you'll halve the voltage requirements that you'd need with all 4 in series.

You'll only need 2 li-ion cells with this setup.

If you change your mind later, you can always move one of the sets of series wired dice to the PEX for FoC.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Actually, you can do two dice in series off of the PC set at 1.5A, and the other two dice in series hooked to the PEX and instead of hooking the PEX (using a 2W 1 ohm resistor) to the FoC pad, you hook it to the PWM leg on the PC and it will give you a MUCH better Full Powah!

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Is there a benefit of running the 2 series dice on the PC at only 1.5A, when you can run it at 2A? Runtime...or LED lifespan perhaps?

Ok, I'm gonna have to ask a noob question lol. What is the PWM leg on a PC?

The PWM leg is the output of the transistor to the right of the FoC pad. See below for a photo of the FoC pad connection, and the second yellow line is where you would connect the PEX to the PC 2.0 for Full powah

Capture3.jpg

I was also interested in running three dice for my blade, but not with the "Full Powah" setup. I was thinking two dice in series, connected in parallel to one die. The remaining die could be wired for Flash on Clash. The intended setup could be any color, but I was wanting an LED Engin 10W RGBW (RGB blade, W FoC).

Or is there another way to do that?

I have that exact setup on my latest build, but using a different board altogether. This board allows the use of any color for blade/clash when connected in this manner. It's a no-no here to promote non-tcss products, so I won't go much further, but check out the entries of this years contest custom catagory, they all have it.

What color are you looking for your main blade? You might be interested to know that R+G+B =white (at least with the setup above and all LEDS running at 100% output)

174fps