Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Assassin - CF'd MHS

Default The Assassin - CF'd MHS

Hello all..

I don't know how many of you know or remember me, but I haven't been around much lately, and my interest in the fine art of lightsaber construction has been diminishing. I thought however, that I should make my potentially "last" saber better than my 2 older ones (Graflex, Obi), and at the time I was playing Assassin's Creed, so that inspired the general design. I have also always admired Madcow and his sabers, and always wanted a chassis like his in one of mine.

Matte black surface, simple design, short blade, pommel that can be pummeled with, and easy to do maintenance on. This is what I came up with.

The Assassin
    -MHS Hilt with custom work
    -3D printed chassis with my 'R', "The Assassin" and "Crystal Focus V 5.6" texts designed by yours truly
    -CF V 5.6
    -R/O Luxeon III

Fonts
    -The Assassin (by e57)
    -Korriban
    -Some others I don't use

Link to the whole album http://imgur.com/a/03WGW

The eventual design consists of 4 basic MHS Parts, the Gear's rings, switch plate-area and switch holes were done by Tim. The blade holder cuts are made by me with a hand-file. The brass/gold screw and covertec represent a high rank-member of some secret order.
    The 'R' has 2 layers of corbin film under it lit up by a single white accent LED

Might do a video, but don't quote me on that.

Saber Building Tip:
    BUY THE 0.40 $ GREASE AT TCSS!!! It makes the threads so silent I could open up the saber in a chamber filled with 5 ninjas and they wouldn't hear it. I destroyed 2 parts by painting them together, then forcing them to twist apart, because I didn't have lube in there. Had to order new parts. (Gear + 5" flute)

What do you think?

I like the gear changes, have been thinking about something like that but yours is the first I've come across. Never ceases to amaze me the great custom work Tim does. I LOVE the chassis, what is it made of/from?

Simple but efficient, nice Sith saber.
    That chasis looks great too
    Clicky Sig =>

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMal View Post
    I like the gear changes, have been thinking about something like that but yours is the first I've come across. Never ceases to amaze me the great custom work Tim does. I LOVE the chassis, what is it made of/from?
    Chassis is made from 3D-printed plastic.

I remember ya (kind of an old timer myself -lol) and great build. Sorry your loosing interest in the art but very nice saber! Darth Real Life as been keeping me from building much of late, but I still love the hobby.
    Yub Yub Commander.

That chassis is really nice!!
    "If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal."

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Good job.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Yeah, definitely digging the chassis as well.
    My favorite color may be red, but my lightsaber will always be true blue.