Thread: Converting FX saber to removable blade using existing LED string setup?

Default Converting FX saber to removable blade using existing LED string setup?

i have an 05 MR anakin ROTS
    i received and installed my conversion kit hardware from TCSS which went together PERFECTLY.
    i did NOT use the standard single LED method that's generally accepted in converting though.

that's my question. i'm not too experienced in electronics so i was wondering how i could go about making a simple quick connect for the existing FX saber LED tube setup?

i know following this link that you simply cut the wires and then solder all but one (not including the blue wire) to the negative and the pos to all the rest for luxeon LED or the like
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...kits-available

but what if i wanted to use the same LED string wiring and perhaps a 1/4" cable plug from an instrument cable or maybe a USB plug like this link?
    http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=13553.0

would i simply do the same thing? just wire them all into two wires for the connection point?
    again i basically just want the same type of functionality that my 2010 ANH FX saber has where i can just plug the FX LED saber tube into it for it to work rather than do the single LED method.

thx
    The Dark Side is all I have...

A 1/4" audio plug and jack would only allow you to have the entire blade come on at once, rather than in sequence like the stock Hasbro blade. All of those positive wires are for each segment of leds in the blade and activate in sequence for the extension and retraction effect. You'd need to use a multi-pin connector like a mini-DIN plug instead to retain that effect.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Ah ok, makes sense. So I'll just have to grab some type of connector like you said (mini DIN) male and female and then splice the wires and I should be good to go.

Thanks.
    The Dark Side is all I have...