Thread: Thin Necked MR/MHS ANH Hybrid Obi by LDM

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Arrow Thin Necked MR/MHS ANH Hybrid Obi by LDM

Thin Necked MR/MHS ANH Hybrid Obi

This is part of the 2012 Obi Project. I decided to finish it off since I had been sitting on it for so long. I always thought that the MR Obi saber could be much improved. We all know that the MR ROTJ Luke has been done so I figured I would tackle one of each. Originally I was going to machine 100% custom parts for this, but the more I looked at (and modified) MHS parts, I thought that they would work perfectly. Whatever I used had to have the correct size to length ratio and just simply had to possess the correct proportionality. When I made these MHS parts, I knew the saber was finished because the looked perfect. I also replaced the box with the MHS "Obi" box. I settled on my ANH-style Bronzium weathering since I was doing it on two MKIIIs anyways and I think this was also the correct choice. Since it has so much internal real estate, I used a side-by-side 17500 battery pack (yay beer...I mean run time). I wanted a lot of volume, so I machined one of my patented resonance chamber modules that I nestled right in behind the battery/SB module. Of course, the speaker is protected. Since I had been working with MKIII's (and my favorite LEDs are not an option) I decided to use one (BBW Tri-Reb) in this saber...and that is some serious brightness with an AWESOME FoC. I placed the switches innocuously on the side of the box (at the level of the milled groove) and added a couple of sub-bubble blinkies just to finish her off...hey I did start the blinky revolution after all All in all, this turned out to be a great saber. I am exceptionally proud of it's uniqueness (in an innovative sense) and the final Chi of the piece.

Particulars:
    Petit Crouton V2 with Novastar's EP IV - remastered, boot by Simpi
    7.4V 1200 mAh (17500) Li-ion with recharge/kill in pommel
    Custom machined resonance chamber w/2W Speaker
    D-Ring
    ANH Bronzium weathering, Triple-baked
    B & G HO blinkies
    BBW Tri-Rebel (BB blade, W FoC)

The BMT:

The Glams:

The FoC and Hilt prior to weathering:

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Another great saber as usual.
    "If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal."

if i'm think i heard you right sounds like a thin neck something is coming....epic. anyway epic obi man!
    ...YUP!

Very cool man I always wondered what a hybrid of that sort would be like, now I know Again another awesome job, my hats off to you and I'm a bit jealous at the same time
    Its bright, in the vid when you lit er up, my eyes did that bit of a shudder. Like when you step out into the bright sun after sleeping in too long. Very cool

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thanks fellas. Yeah she is REALLY bright. I only post MHS-based stuff here at TCSS (and this was part of the 2012 Obi Project), but I figured it may give folks some ideas.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!