Thread: swing sounds while motionless

Default swing sounds while motionless

Hi,

This is my first time working with the PC 2.0 (or any board actually). I got everything wired up. When I activate the saber, I'm getting the swing sound effects. This is happening even while the saber is sitting motionless on my kitchen table. I have not changed any of the sound settings in the config file. So unless I received one with some odd parameters, the sound should be stock. I have copied the config file below.

I did a search, but didn't see a thread quite like this yet. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I try altering the config settings? And if yes, which one and how much?

thanks!

//Sound Font Comment
    vol=4
    led=1000
    switch=2
    offp=0
    offd=0
    resume=0
    lc=400
    hs=220
    ls=50
    i=55
    shmrd=210
    shmrp=6
    shmrr=13
    focd=200
    focp=6
    focr=13
    focs=961
    swing=200
    clash=150
    lockup=150
    qon=0
    qoff=0
    flks=3
    flkd=20
    idlepulsing=1
    idleled=0

I have never personally worked with a PC, but someone else will probably recommend the proper values to stop the swing issue.
    Honey, you've been looking for love in Alderaan places!

Do you have a rumble motor or 2W bass speaker in the saber? They have been known for causing vibrations in the hilt that could cause the swing sensor to go off even when the saber is sitting still.

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

If you have your volume setting on 4 the 2W bass speaker produces enough vibration to set off the swings if they are set at default sensitivity.

Yes, I am using the 2W speaker. With that in mind, what alterations would you suggest for the config file? Should I lower the volume, or can I change another setting to alter the swing sensor?

thanks!

Reducing the volume would be the easiest thing but you don't want to find out that you may have to reduce the volume all the way to two or one. So I would either increase the value of "ls" or decrease the value of "i". If you alter either of them, only a little bit.

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by Machinimax View Post
    Reducing the volume would be the easiest thing but you don't want to find out that you may have to reduce the volume all the way to two or one. So I would either increase the value of "ls" or decrease the value of "i". If you alter either of them, only a little bit.
    Thanks - You have put me on the right track. I'm not getting the unintentional swing sounds. Now I just need to fine tune it so I get the sound when I really want it.

I've also noticed that I have to tweak my swing settings when changing sound fonts, because a louder font can cause higher vibrations and set off unwanted swings.